Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My '07 bow buck!!! >

My '07 bow buck!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My '07 bow buck!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Default My '07 bow buck!!!

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=d1kq5.jpg

Above is the link to the pic of my bow buck from this year. He's a completely symetrical 8 point (as you can clearly see) and I shot him at 10 yards last night, right at sunset. I had a small path through some branches and aimed right in the opening. He was basically broadside and I knew I had him. I was sure I had a good shot and began trailing in 20 minutes. I had trouble with the trail at night and gave up until morning. This morning I picked up the trail and found him 150 yards from where he was shot. He smelled pretty bad but the meat was OK. I come to find out that my shot was really a gut shot. My arrow went in at the right spot but he must've been angled in a way that made it come out way back, possibly missing the lungs and the heart. Either way, everything worked out perfectly and I had a good blood trail to follow.

He's my first bow buck and the biggest buck I've killed in my 3 years hunting. He only has a 15 inch spread but incredible mass and length.

I know he isn't a Pope and Young but I don't get so lucky where I hunt. Maybe next year....

What would he score, just for fun?! I can post more pics if you'd like.I have better ones. Good hunting to everyone!!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My '07 bow buck!!!

Congrats on a fine looking Buck!!!!!!! Well done! Post some more pics!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, Congrats.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Congrats! Thats a nice buck.

Good thing you decided to back out when you did. Could have pushed him and made it that much harder.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Very nice!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on your first bow buck , he's a nice one as for the score I would had to guess around an 86 to a 93.
Although he's a nice eight pointer , his rack is rather small with an inside spread of 15 to 17 maybe and his tines are not that long.
The score shouldn't matter that much anyways , it's your first bow buck and that alone makes it a torphy worth mounting.
I remember my first bow buck , it was a small six pointer and it only scored 56 something ... I use those antlers for rattling to this day.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Congrats on your first bow buck , he's a nice one as for the score I would had to guess around an 86 to a 93.
Although he's a nice eight pointer , his rack is rather small with an inside spread of 15 to 17 maybe and his tines are not that long.
The score shouldn't matter that much anyways , it's your first bow buck and that alone makes it a torphy worth mounting.
I remember my first bow buck , it was a small six pointer and it only scored 56 something ... I use those antlers for rattling to this day.
No, the score wouldn't make a bit of difference!!! I exceeded my goal again this year and prayed my heart out for a deer just like that!!!

Hunting is a blessing!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good deer. Post some more pics though, its really hard to tell how big he is in that picture
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Great buck very happy for you.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. I hope you don't mind I edited it to show the picture. Nice buck.

Quick Reply: My '07 bow buck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.