Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 fall guy restraint system >

fall guy restraint system

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fall guy restraint system

Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default fall guy restraint system

well i got my fall guy restraint system yesterday, i liked the vest but the seat belt type fall restraint is a little bigger than i thought it would be, but i think it is an awesome design, anyone else have one of these, it is from integrated safety...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fall guy restraint system

I have the seat belt thing but I use my hunters safety vest. It works good, I have it up the tree that I hunt the most.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM

I was interested in getting the retraction belt. I move to andfrom stand locations. Couldn't figure out how to move it with me. Can't see $70 per tree location but it looks like a heck of a system.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:00 AM

Go to the hardware store and purchase you a couple hundred feet of good rope. Enough for each of your stands. Tie them off at the top of each stand then when you start to climb, tie a prusiks hitch on each rope. Attach your harness to the prusiks hitch, slide it up as you climb. Super safe and alot less expensive. Just make sure that you have atleast four to six wraps on your prusiks hitch.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have to buy one for each tree. terribly expensive but you cannot fall with one! If you think about it, it's well worth the money. Think of all the stories about guys getting hurt badly falling from trees. I don't see how you can possibly fall if you have one of these in every tree and use them every time!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:19 AM

I have the vest, which works great and two of the retractors. I really like them and got all three on sale at the local farm supply store for a good deal less than the advertised price on the web site. Keep an eye out for sales. It works for me because I only have two stands our right now in addition to several hub style blinds. But I would try the rope method if I were going to have a lot of tree stands.