Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your ideas on what to do.. >

Your ideas on what to do..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your ideas on what to do..

Old 09-25-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Your ideas on what to do..

I have got this deer at the same spot for the last 5 out of 7 days, (2 at night and 3 in the daylight) my season opens on monday. Should I take off work and go after him in the timber or wait until the next weekend and hunt the fields? The bad part is I'll lose 350 bucks in overtime.I think I should get in there before he starts moving around marking his turf. what would you do?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your ideas on what to do..

I'd get after him if you have him patterend that well. Never know what might change in a week. You can make 350 another time, I'd rather be dropping 600 to have him hanging on my wall, JMHO.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd trade that 350 bucks for that 1 buck!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM

$350 sounds pretty good, you might pay upwards of $2,000 somewhere else and would have to book about a year in advance. Good luck I hope we can see a pitcure with you holding the rack.

JMO
Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I'd take the friggin season off till I got him!!! Seriously, if you've got him pinned, get em while the gettin's good. He's a bute!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on your situation,if it means the rent or food, then go to work and chance him later. But be all means if it means just another 350 in the bank, go nail him. Hunting season means sacrafices.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

I would go after him there will be plenty of days to work after monday.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice...Just tell me were he is and you can go to work and not worry about losing the 350.00...I will even let you have a pic with him ......
you never know that might be the biggest one you ever have a chance at...not unless you've bagged a bigger one...But really just give me the GPS location and I will take care of it for you......
Old 09-25-2007, 09:34 PM

you should forget work and try for this guy you can always get overtime but u may never get a shot at a deer like this one again
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

He's a dandy buck and with that type of patterning, I'd hunt him as soon as possible. No telling where else he frequents and who else might mess him up before you have a chance to hunt him again. I hope to see him in another kind of picture.

Quick Reply: Your ideas on what to do..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.