HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   A Familiar Face (Pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/208563-familiar-face-pics.html)

kshunter 09-24-2007 04:30 PM

A Familiar Face (Pics)

One of the bucks made it through the season. I have around 10 pic's of him from last year, and passed on him during season. Still would like to see him make it one more year if possible, and see what he could be at 5 1/2 years. But he's sure tempting...I might not be able to hold back if he's 20 yards broadside.

[/align]2006[/align][/align][/align][/align]2007[/align][/align][/align]

Greg / MO 09-24-2007 04:35 PM

RE: A Familiar Face (Pics)

You're right, Joey... He'd be DARN hard to pass up, that's for sure!

Kelly/KY 09-24-2007 04:37 PM

Nice buck Joey. How did muzzleloader season go?I guess it's not quite over, but was just wondering.One of my KS hunting partners opted to go early for ML and shot a really nice buck. Said it was ridiculously hot and buck activity was near zero. I don't arrive until Oct 26th, full moon week.

Kelly

mauser06 09-24-2007 04:37 PM

wow thats a beautiful buck. i love racks like that. high, curved real hard, and thick.

guys swear only big bucks rub big trees. i say BS! aint gettin much more than a sapling between his ends!!

i seen one prettttty dang similar to that one day...4am dad and i were driving to our honey hole miles and miles away lol. he crossed infront of us and stopped..so naturally we stopped. he was within touching distance for a good 30 seconds...amazing animal. i remember his ends were dang near touching. he walked his way into posted land after we seen a car coming behind us and we beeped to make sure hed run...toooo many slobs up that way. been easy to blast him and drag him out at first light. killed my first buck that morning. a little 6 pt...prouder than heck...rather kill that little 6 than blast that giant from the truck...too many guys up that way would killed him in a second though

goherd1111 09-24-2007 04:37 PM

Boy!!! Thats a brute, Joey. He def. would be hard to pass. Best of luck if you decide to take him when he presents you with that 20 yard shot this season. :D

KYDeerHunter03 09-24-2007 04:37 PM

I would take him, but thats just me:)

kshunter 09-24-2007 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

Nice buck Joey. How did muzzleloader season go?I guess it's not quite over, but was just wondering.One of my KS hunting partners opted to go early for ML and shot a really nice buck. Said it was ridiculously hot and buck activity was near zero. I don't arrive until Oct 26th, full moon week.

Kelly
ML season was tough. We saw a descent amount of bucks, but nothing more than 3 1/2 years old. Wasn't a lot of deer movement. Had a lot of close encounters though. But there is alwaysrifle season for Casi though.

pigiron 09-24-2007 04:40 PM

20 yds broadside.......I could never hold back.

.....................Allllthoooooooough,.....If you have it in you, I would certainly understand if you let-em slide. It would just be nice if he was wider thanhis ears. He will definately be a HOSS next season.

Good luck with him, which ever of his fatesyou decide.:D

..............me though, 20 broadside, I'd kill-em in a heartbeat.

pigiron 09-24-2007 04:43 PM

Never mind,....... I just took another look, he's past the ears.

Kill-em.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-24-2007 04:45 PM

I couldn't pass him but I didn't shoot a 170" buck last year either.;)[8D]:D