Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For you Whisker Biscuit users.... >

For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Old 09-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Have you guys ever shot carbon arrows out of an aluminum arrow whisker biscuit. I just made the switch to carbon arrows and took a couple shots out of a sighted in Bow with the carbon arrows selected for this bow and they were very inconsistent. Then we shot those arrows out of a similar bow without a biscuit at all and they were spot on......

So, do you know what the difference is?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: For you Whisker Biscuit users....

if you are shooting a biskit made for aluminum arrows, I am guessing the arrow is going to move around as you are releasing the arrow. the aluminum biskits have a bigger hole, since carbone arrows have a smaller diameter
Old 09-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Thats what I was thinking as well. The hole looked quite large compared to the arrows, but I wasn't too sure. Thanks for reaffirming what I was thinking.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

you can get a replacement insert...

my buddy shoots an alumanum insert with carbon arrows. the guy at the shop told him he needs the carbon insert...

i still dont understand the difference. no matter what size the hole is, the arrow still just sits at the bottom of the hole. im about 99% sure that your arrow shouldnt fill the whole hole...i still say the shop was tryin to make money...he didnt buy it either. his thinking was like mine.

id check the tune...could be out of tune since you put the new rest on. also make sure your not getting contact on anything that you shouldnt be. i still think that you should be fine...my buddy shoots his fine...
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Every practical though leads me to think there should be no issues with that. I actually saw a post a long time back were a couple of people bought the aluminum insert just to cut down on the friction and keep the containment
Old 09-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

They make 3 differant size biscuits .
Lg carbon/alum
Med carbon/alum
Small carbon/alum.

with a arrow in the right biscuit you should have a finger nail of space on the top to both sides........
I beleave if you go to bowhuntersuperstore they have a pic showing the correct fit under arrow rests..
Old 09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya i have the same problem. you gotta read the name of it lol its for aluminums lol
Old 09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Well I checked the website and it definately said the arrow should not be tight in there. However, I think the setup we have now is either the Large or Extra-Large and the biggest carbon arrows should be Medium with some being Small. Either way, it doesn't make TONS of sense they are so erratic because there are drop away rests and the like, where the arrow just rests on something.

Either way, the arrow is resting on something in the whisker biscuit regardless of size.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see your point but the drops have a more grippy surface and the biscuits are more slcik and smooth so it will move more and since it is smaller it will sit a little bit lower i presume
Old 09-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure the vanes are at 4-7-12 o-clock position if you dont nock em right you can get contact on the bottomif one vane is at 6 o-clock and this will make the arow fly bad....Ive ben useing the WB since they came out,right now Iam shooting Beman ICS 340 Hunters and dead on at 20 30yrds...and group well at 40....also put a extra dab of fletching glue on the front of the vanes.....

Quick Reply: For you Whisker Biscuit users....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.