Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Maryland Anti Communication UPDATED >

Maryland Anti Communication UPDATED

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maryland Anti Communication UPDATED

Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Maryland Anti Communication UPDATED

The original is bellow and the top is the latest. I pretty sure he has no idea...

My response:

Joe,
I appreciate your concerns about the well being of the animals in Maryland. However, I believe that there are more effective ways to secure that same well being. Just as in most activities the secret to safety is knowledge. For that reason I would propose that you seeks different methods of educating the public on hunting and harvesting practices. I believe that this would get both you and this nation as a whole much farther in the pursuit of more humane hunting practices. I also believe that this would be a much more efficient, positive, effective use of your energy.

Thanks you,

Tim

His 2nd responce: ???

Tim,
Beyond killing animals as the common denominator of options we currently use - especially ones that so many are opposed to --do you have any suggestions? I'm open to suggestion here. Thanks, Joe

Mine:

Hello,

I am an avid sportsman that is concerned with your opinion on bowhunting. Within my five years of bowhunting I have harvested six animals. Each one died within 20-50 yards from the point of impact. I understand why you do not like the idea of an animal going through prolonged suffering. I would like to assure you that you do not stand alone in this concern. Every respectable sportsman and especially bowhunter I know has the deepest desire for a clean and quick kill. The reality is that in any hunting tradition the hunters goal is to harvest an animal. In any hunting tradition there are miss hits, bad judgments and, mistakes made. With todays technology and the average skill of todays bowhunter, the number of miss hits, bad judgments, and mistakes is no different than in any other hunting tradition. That being said I can see no legitimate reason to eliminate bowhunting season from the schedule.

His:

Dear Tim,
Thanks for not calling me a "moron" or something similiar. Ha, ha. I've had a few of those in all of this. It's been hysterical. Also, Tim, while I am confident that you are an excellent bow hunter, sir, I assure you that many others are not. No one I associate with would everwant an animal to suffer. When they see some of the same animals, day in and day out, with the broken legs and the puss coming out of their sides from knownhits by arrows, then it's time to tell this side of the story.
As the non-hunter on the commission, I'm the one who gets the calls about the wounded deer with arrows in them running outside someone's house or in a field - and much more. This is not a rare event, I assure you. And I'm now getting word from even more bow hunters and others, coming forth, willing to tell me the "other side" of this. It isnot pretty.

Sorry for the tardy reply. I've had tons of emails on both sides of the issue -- those who love me and those who well, are very "vexed" to be polite. Take care, and thanks for writing. Joe Lamp
Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Joe Lamp Communication

I must be missing part of this story?

Whats going on?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:37 PM

Default RE: Maryland Anti Communication

Joe Lamp is a man from Maryland attempting to get rid of the bowhunting season. A few weeks ago somone posted asking us to send him a letter. He just now replyed.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

He doesn't sound very mature or professional. One thing is apparent, he's enjoying the attention.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

He writes for the Baltimore Sun.

I'm the one who gets the calls about the wounded deer with arrows in them running outside someone's house or in a field - and much more. This is not a rare event, I assure you.
Why doesn't he investagate with the other board members for conformation?

This is not a rare event, I assure you. And I'm now getting word from even more bow hunters and others, coming forth, willing to tell me the "other side" of this. It isnot pretty.
Do you really think a hunter would do this?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

He is a Moron.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 PM

he talks about a wounded animal with an arrow hangn out of it ,i dont know about you guys but if im hunting and observe an animal like this im gonna finish it off even if there is a big buck around or a doe thats bigger,we responsible hunters know that this is our duty to god and his animals
Old 09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd bet more than not of the wounded deer they/he is seeing is car wounded animals. ? ?

ps, I got two replies, one from my first one and then I responded and then his response. For an college professional it lacked proper English, like Dmil said, he's a moron.

I'm done with him, he has no clout but I'd suggest MD to keep a tab on him. With his attention sucking attitude, he might want more 15 minutes of fame.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe he is also a liar.

No way is a deer running around in fields with arrows sticking out of them for very long.They will almost always break the arrow off as many of us on this site can attest to.

I believe he is just an anti with an agenda.

If he really wants to suffering,he needs to come to Ky and start walking the creeks around here and see the deer that are suffering from blue tongue.Seems as though nature is much more cruell than any bowhunter ever was.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Maryland Anti Communication UPDATED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.