Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So thats why there all so big >

So thats why there all so big

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So thats why there all so big

Old 09-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default So thats why there all so big

I was just watching keith warren, and every single deer they saw was a boone and crocket. How do they do this, they get a monster buck and breed it with all the does or something?

www.trophyclassdeer.com
Old 09-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So thats why there all so big

Welcome toTV and penned hunts
Old 09-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do they manage this, they scare off all the deer that live there, build a high fence, breed all the does with big bucks, and let them go?
I havent seen one doe yet either lol
Old 09-22-2007, 05:39 PM

High Fences do incredible things don't they? I know someone that high fenced twenty thousand acres. Split it into two sections. They let the hunters hunt in one section while they breed the brutes in the other. Talk about always having trophy's available. AT A PRICE!! It's business period.........!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn, how much would it cost to fence in 20,000 acres.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

i do not watch keith warren much but in defence of all tvshow. Not all of them hunt high fence areas alot of them are fare chase shows. Buti am sure not all of them. You can get big deer with out a fence i have seen it i know a guy that hunt southwest indiana which is were i am at. And he had a state record off of public land. It takes food plot feed and so on
Old 09-22-2007, 06:04 PM

You know it was done by an incredibly wealthy family here in Louisiana some fifty+ years ago. And the best part , as far as the cost question, the fence on the front ten thousand was built with ten foot CEMENT posts every ten or fifteen yards with mesh in between. They had a Jeep trail around the whole thing to circle and look for poacher breaks. Holes. They had a one way Jeep road making a zig zag trail in a circle around the property. It was set up with only 83 one acre food plot to hunt and afive mile by twenty yard planted food plot sanctuary running down the middle. Mind boggling dollars!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats rediculous! I hate these types of operations with a passion! When the anti's look for bad hunting stories they look at these places because they are easy targets. Where as if they looked at REAL HUNTING they would find they were no longer in a target rich environment!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Explanation on the sig. couldn't think of anything for the E

Never mind, fixed it!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Funny I was thinking about this today... How many acres would it take you to forget the fence?

I have had the good fortune to have been the guest at a club with 23,000+ acres fenced, once through the gate I never saw or thought about the fence again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.