Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta brag!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Gotta brag!

I know this isn't probably the best place to post this but this but I gotta get it off my chest! Yeasterday was my son's first soccer game (4 yr's old) and he scored the 5 goals!!! The first 4 were the first goals of the game! Talk about being proud!!! Not only do I have a little hunter on my hands I have the next Beckem living in my house! Being a dad is the best thing that's ever happend to me. I couldn't be more proud. Now I just have to wait a few more years to put a bow on his hands. Michael Waddell better watch out my boy's gonna have his job!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Gotta brag!

"I love it when they call me bigpappa, put you hands in the air"...lol Just had to do it again...lmao.

Congratulations.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Yea Man!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice..

Old 09-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

I felt bad for the other team. [&:]Since I'm the coach I'm focusing practices on fundimentals of dribbling shooting and getting the ball in the goal. So my son and the other members of his team just did what we worked on in practice. Dribble it close and finish the shot! The other team seemed to work on just kicking the ball around and running around the field. Our team scored about 14 goals (I think every kid on our team scored at least once) their team only scored about 5 (3 of which were in the wrong goal). I guess it all comes down to preparation. Still I am very very proud of my little man!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

"I love it when they call me bigpappa, put you hands in the air"...
That's awesome Rob....I was thinking the same thing.

It kinda surprised me you thought that....I like your style.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM

(edit - I don't think this is the wrong place to brag about it either, family is as much a part of hunting as anything else!!! congrats dad!!)

my son (6.5yr old) threw his first touchdown pass from the shotgun formation in a scrimmage last night (we've been working on that for a couple weeks now)... he launched the ball over the entire defense and the reciever made the running snag and trotted untouched for another 30yds for the score... kinda funny actually cuz the next play they ran from the shotgun (ya, we've got a k-1st grade team running out of the pro-set O) we ran a draw play to one of the not so great players and it thru the D off so bad that he was able to scamper in for about a 20yd td run as well... the other coaches were like "WHOA!!!" and the parents were kinda shocked... he was wearing his green-n-gold #4 jersey... dad was proud... and i'm sure Brett woulda been too... next week we're going to incorpate a man in motion to throw off the D even more...

this is the fun part of bein a dad... he loves sports, hunting, fishing, racing and etc... only plays video games when it raining or can't find someone to play with outside... he's growin up right!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: zubba

"I love it when they call me bigpappa, put you hands in the air"...
That's awesome Rob....I was thinking the same thing.

It kinda surprised me you thought that....I like your style.
LOL, I'm worldly.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Seven,
Yea it just feels so good. Awsome job on the touchdown. 1st grade running shotgun is impressive to say the least. I guess your coaching the teamwell. People never expect much out of kid's for some reason but they can be so awsome if you let them and just focus on the fundamentals. The rest becomes easy.

Rob I'm steeling that line to put it in my tag. You have influence my man!Maybe not humility but definately influence.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:56 PM

very nice

Quick Reply: Gotta brag!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.