Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow

Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 AM

Default New Bow

I bought a new slightly used bow from a friend, I just decided to start bow hunting, never done it before.... I know nothing and I mean nothing about bows. Its a polaris 45-60 lbs compound, is this a decent bow? Plus any advice you guys could give me on bow hunting would be great.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bow

OK 1st thing I would advise is for you to take that bow to a local pro shop and make sure it is fitted to you. It is very important that a bow and shooter "match up". If the draw length or weight are not right for you, you could have a hard time learnung how to shoot accuratly. I would also advise against thinking about hunting with the bow this year. It takes a while to become proficient enough with a bow to think about shooting at live game.
Another reason to take the bow to a shop is for them to check it out and make sure it is in good shape. Also they can tell you the proper arrows to match the bow. you can't just sling any 'ol thing. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:18 AM

Ya I aint plannin on using it till I get it figured out, thanks
Old 09-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too much info to gain really. My best advice would be to read through a bunch of these threads and practice. Then you'll be able to start asking questions on specific topics.
Also, you may want to this websites front page. There is a lot of good info there for hunters of all ages and experience levels.

Good luck,

KP
Old 09-21-2007, 10:21 AM

yeah go to your local pro shop,if its right for you shoot,shoot,and shoot some more thats what you got to do