Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage broad head problem. >

Rage broad head problem.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broad head problem.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage broad head problem.

[/align]Bowknutt, I did try them. I bought a pack last year when they first came out. I came on here to warn everybody and got flamed for it. Now people are starting to see the problems with these heads more and more. Word of mouth isn't enough to combat the marketing of the Rage heads. These heads simply do not work as advertised 100% of the time. They are causing and will cause wounded deer ,missed shots, and [god forbid] wounded hunters. The production of such a poorly designed product is nothing short of irresponsible. People will buy these heads because they do a ton of damage. People will swich bak because theyare a bad head. By then, the damage will be done. Forty dollars down the drain,and maybe a wounded deer.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Don't take it so personal! I wasn't bashing the product or brand so to speak as I was bashing the guys that use their inferior product!

Oh Thats different--Bash away

Standsleeper----I understand--Don't take me wrongI just been up since 3:30am--Not much sleep---Just venting !!!

I guess it goes back to a saying my pro shop boss used to say
"Do a man right,He will tell 2 maybe 3 people---But do him wrong and he will tell 10 or 12"
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM

[align=left]My two cents. Shot a doe this past week with a Rage 2 blade. She was quartering away. Hit the opposite shoulder and the Rage broke off at the ferrule. Bad broad head design? Doe went 20 yards and down. The hit was a bit high but the entry hole huge! Quick blood loss shuts down the vitals and leads to death. Ever shoot a deer with a gun and try to use the bullet again. Far as I am concerned, even though it broke off, it is a good broad head. I just want quick death and a recovery.
[/align]
Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

my rage 100 gr came with bands
Old 09-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Dominant Buck

wabash....those bands are not what you think they're for.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

So they are unreliable but... when they do work, they make a big hole. Cutting Diameter ....... Whoopidy dooo! It doesn't matter how big the hole is if you are wounding deer. Honestly ... Where's the accountability? Who should be held responsiblefor marketing this junk. Last night I came up with a new broadhead. I took a dog turd and stuck it on an arrow. Then I stuck razor blades in it. I am now waiting for it to harden. I think if I can get the Drury Outdoors boys and every other marketing Hooker to shoot them, I have the next best thing on my hands.

I agree!

man, stick with the best......Grim Reaper Razortip you can't beat it with a stick.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

if you want a reliable head and like the rage style get snipers. ive heard nothing but good things about them.

if you want big cut there are tons of other big cut heads out there rocket,vortex and i think wasp or someone else all have heads cutting over 1.5" to 2.75" just dont expect as many pas throughs. also isnt a 3 blade 1.5" diameter cut actually cutting more then a 2inch straightcut. cause you have 3 blades of whatever size plus the ferlue should equal more total cutting surface. i dont know i could be wrong someone check it out for me if you can.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

bigaggie said it the best

man, stick with the best......Grim Reaper Razortip you can't beat it with a stick.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM

these broadheads have the worst rep ive ever heard of for a broadhead,everyone who shoots them wines about them