Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fame or Family?????????? >

Fame or Family??????????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fame or Family??????????

Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Fame or Family??????????

I recently read a blog from a famous bowhunter and also watched video clips on his websight. His blog was for a period of about 4 months. He gave his daily routine for this time period. During his daily routine there was not anytime for his 3 kids or his wife. When he did hang out with his kids they were running(literally). It just seemed everthing he did with his family revolved around him and his fame. He had a photo shoot and missed well more than half of his sons ballgame. I realize everyone may miss a few of their kids games or activities but usually we spend more time with them than this guy. I wrote a response stating I would like to see a normal daily routine since the last four months didn't show much time with his family. I was very nice in my response and it was removed so that no one could read it. Removing my comment made me realize this guy is all about himself and fame and that he doesn't spend much time with his family. If he did, he would have answered my responce and not removed it. Sorry I just had to vent, I feel family is the most important thing in my life. Time with my little girl is amazing and the values and memories she will have will be priceless. I am just wondering would you give up 95% your family time to be famous or be an under armor model?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fame or Family??????????

I never look for or even wanted fame or fortune , the needs of my wife and children always came first above everything else.
Now that the children are all grown up and on their own , it's just me and my better hafe and after all these years I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe and under armour model.[8D]

If by some chance i gained fame i would want them to be in the spotlight with me. I would not give up my family for it though
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've dabbled in the outdoor industry enough to know that I like as a hobby but not a way of life. It's demanding and can be cruel. I love my daytime job and the dabbling in the industry because push comes to shove, I'll be me and hunt and love my family and job and don't have to rely on a very finicky business.

So, ash, who was it? Why protect him, he didn't care about you.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Family comes first in my book. This guy is just one example of how others get caught up in their work. All work and no play makes for a lowly selfish life. Sure everyone wants to succeed, but for me not to the point where I give up what is near and dear to my heart... There is more to life than work. I say enjoy life, but maybe work is what makes some happy. Who am I to judge... Just my opinion...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would not want to be famous but would be cool to be known as a good man and such of a town
Old 09-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am like Rob. I love my day job and family life, and have no desire to be on the road pushing products anymore.Been there done that...
Not sticking up for the guy, but maybe he thought your question was to personal. Some people try to keep their family out of the business end of things and keep their private life, you knowprivate.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM

nothing is better than me and my brother makin fun of mom,lol, always family even if you dont hardly have any
Old 09-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm interested to hear who this clown was...
Old 09-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without question, Family. As much as I think it would be cool to have the fame and fortune,or at least the lifestyle that the fortune could provide, without anyone to share it with it would be pointless.

Quick Reply: Fame or Family??????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.