Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!! >

screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Default screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

i just want to know what stops you guys from hunting,personally i go reagardless,i dont care about the wind,the moon,girlfriend complaining,the wheather,dont get me wrongi dont like it when its hot but i go because i have killed lots of deer in early season when its hotter than hell.thats just the way i aM What about you guys?
Old 09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever had your appendix removed or a kidney stone???

That will keep you out of the woods!!!!!

Or you will at least end up in the woods on happy pain killers!!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm retired ... nothing stops me from doing whatever , whenever I want .
Old 09-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unless it's the rut, the only thing that will stop me from hunting is pouring rain and or lightning.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe that is why you have only killed a 100-110 inch 8 pointer. Because you don't pay attention to the little things. It is the little TECHNICALITIES that seperate the guys that kill the WALLHANGERS from the guys who kill the stupid deer.

Think about that for a while!!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Unless it's the rut, the only thing that will stop me from hunting is pouring rain and or lightning.
That reminds me of a bad day.

I was going out come hell or HIGH water.It was raining like hell and I started walking,wearing coveralls.Had about an 1/8 mile hike and I had an extra 100 pounds from being drinched,or so it felt.Got to the stand and started up.Lightning struck a tree less than 100 yards from me so I started right back to the truck.[:'(]

To be honest,the lightning was hitting around me everywhere and I was a little nervous.

My kids will stop me.

I hate to even say this but I missed first night of deer camp one year to go to the Russian Ballet performing the Nutcracker.[]My daughter is a GREAT dancer and was performing with them,I couldn't tell her I wouldn't be there.Longest night of my life.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

One thing Grasshopper... LIFE. It's a balance. If you forgo family, friends, other ventures to say "I'm going hunting"... you don't get it. You will though. Some day it'll smack you right in the face and you'll say, what did I do? There's always another hunting day. Friends, family and yes... even you die or get very ill. Enjoy the world and life, it's a balance Grasshopper.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nicely put david. While there is not much in life that I enjoy more than hunting,there are a few things that are far and away more important. It's managing to get it all in that makes it a challenge.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM

in response to jmwannabe buckhunter,i dont have acess to a really good hunting spot probably unlike you,the spots i hunt are high pressure throughout the season,i posted a fun subject to talk about and you attack me like im just some idiot,just so you know i know about the little things,and i do follow them,i was just simply stating that im a hardcore hunter,and damn proud of it.besides im a deer hunter not just a rack hunter and it doesnt mean your a better hunter than anyone else because you killed a bigger deer that they did.urafah
Old 09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

lots of stuff keep me from hunting. David is right on. LIFE is the major one. namely school. this year, most likely moving since the parents won a bid on a house and if things follow through we will be moving in a month maybe 2...we will see...potentially ruin my weekends usually filled of hunting...but, they put a roof over my head for 20 years and are always there for me. i could easily get my stuff and move it up here to college and say cya Christmas break....but they would say HA find somewhere else to call home...they should be semi-understanding though...

school work also gets in the way sometimes...

last year, BEST weekend of the chasing phase of the rut, i was STUCK at school for 4 days i COULD/SHOULD been hunting. i opted to stay at school...why? Wildland Firefighting training. that will impress my future employer more than a buck on the wall will....

weather...sometimes. storms and super heavy winds will keep me in...

health..sometimes. last year i hunted(rifle or flintlock cant remember) the next day after getting my hand stitched back together. one year i hunted with MONO. JUST recovering...i wasnt missing opening day of rifle season...but sometimes health will hold me down...

Quick Reply: screw all the technicallites!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.