Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scouting surprise... >

Scouting surprise...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scouting surprise...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Scouting surprise...

ORIGINAL: geterdun3

just looks like a regular ol plant to me lol. its not "the" plant if thats what you think it is
ORIGINAL: geterdun2

so its weed? wow

lol j/k. looks like a regular ol plant, i dont see what this post is asking..? lol
Just curious, how come you post with two different usernames?[&:]Oh, almost forgot. You and Longislandhunter are all about the "weed" threads huh?[8D]
Old 09-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah - that was a stalk of wild ginseng. Not weed. LOL

Mauser- If you just saw a stem with red berries - it was probably a Jack-in-the-Pulpit (aka Indian Turnip).

Ginseng's berries usually go red and fall off pretty fast -before the color even starts to drain out of the plant.

Conversely,a Jack-In-the-Pulpit will dry up, leaving just a stem with red berries behind - like in the drawing below.

Here's a picture of a Jack with just the stem and berries left standing.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep...thats what it was i bet...nothing but a pretty dead looking stem and a bunch of berries on top...

Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM

ducsauce- if ya must know, this one is my work one and the other is my at home name. i lost the PW to my work one and the email I used to use got deleted, so i created anotherat home. i get automatically logged in at work. understand?

dont know what the weed comment was suppose to mean...? i was jus replying like every1 else.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM

i guess im not up on my plants and effects. whats so great about finding ginsing?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

how does the whole ginseng thing work? ive herd of my cousins that live way up in the mountain goin lookin for it for money.... can someone explain the concept to me? where would you take it to? the stuff supposed to be good for you right?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

buck master....pretty sure its all about the roots.

i think its a thing you gotta be prettty knowledgeable about...like not over harvesting...knowing what roots to harvest etc...its supposed to be better than home grown stuff and brings a higher price...

dont quote me...i think a dried pound goes for 250-450$ Fur Fish Game used to have the numbers in there..but i havent gotten one in a while so i cant check that...

but..like i said...you kinda gotta know what your doing and all that good stuff...