Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New bow for my daughter.... >

New bow for my daughter....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow for my daughter....

Old 09-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default New bow for my daughter....

Hey guys!

I was looking for input on choosing a good bow for oldest daughter. Mom and I think it would be a christmas present she'd be thrilled with. She's been shooting a small recurve for about a year now, and she's really outgrown it. Her younger sister is ready to use it now. Anyway, she's 8 and pretty stout for a girl that age. A friend of ours bought his son a Browning Micro adrenaline. It's set at 30# and she can pull it on her own with a abit of strain. I like the Browning bow, and I've also looked at the Diamond edge as well. I've also been seeing some Hoyt banshees that run along the same specs as the other two bows, but seem to be a bit cheaper. What should I be looking for? Any other recommendations?
Is there some other quality, or some other brand bow I'm over looking?

Thanks in advance for any help!

GH
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New bow for my daughter....

Im strongly considerin the Micro adrenaline for my GF this christmas. she loved it at the shop, and i think you can buy the bow wih low pound limbs and upgrade in the future.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look into the Mathews Genisis, great bow and will fit her for a while.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personal preference for me would be the Diamond Edge. I just really like Diamond bows, but thats me. I am thinking about getting my girlfriend the edge for christmas. Good luck, and have fun with whatever you end up with!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

I normally prefer a Mathews but just bought my daughter a Parker Buck Shot. They have a pretty good deal going. The bow can go from 18 to 28 inches. You can get them in the following ranges 20-30, 30-40, 40-50 pounds. When it is time to upgrade you can send the bow back to Parker and for $49.95 they will put the next size up limbs on the bow.

-john
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

If she is 8 and she likes the recurve, why not just upgrade the recurve?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 AM

i've been looking at the diamond edge and i'm sold, i will be buying one for my girlfriend for christmas
Old 09-19-2007, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

i've been looking at the diamond edge and i'm sold, i will be buying one for my girlfriend for christmas
my soon to be 7yr old is getting a 40lb edge for christmas this year as well (tuned down to about 30-32lb)... its a super nice package for a novice or younger kid... the micro adrenaline would be my second choice... if you REALLY wanted to spend some coin and get something nice you could look at a 40# trykon (or trykon jr or sport) and dial it back to the 30's in draw weight... that way you've got a pretty serious bow that can grow for a LONG time with new limbs as needed...

lotsa great options, personally, i think the Diamond Edge is the best one out there...
Old 09-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

You have to take a really good look at the Darton Ranger II. It is perfect for the kids and fully adjustable until they are about full grown. Don't buy a bow until you take a good look at it.
link:
http://www.dartonarchery.com/RangerSeries.htm
Good luck on your search.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

Bob:If she is 8 and she likes the recurve, why not just upgrade the recurve?
Initially that's what I was going to do....but she really likes compound bows. I think she believes the recurves are for babies, and at 8 that's a huge deal to her.

Thanks for the advice so far and keep it coming guys!

GH

Quick Reply: New bow for my daughter....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.