Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got a doe (the same doe my buddy hit on Saturday!!) >

I got a doe (the same doe my buddy hit on Saturday!!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got a doe (the same doe my buddy hit on Saturday!!)

Old 09-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got a doe (the same doe my buddy hit on Saturday!!)

I bought 40 acres in the last week of november last year. I finally got a deer on it! We saw 18 this weekend (and one bear), but couldn't close the deal.

I got to the stand at 6 tonight. At 7 she came walking my way and turned right on to my atv trail. when she got into my second shooting lane I meeped and released.I hit her a little high but the rage 3 blade (i know, marketing, marketing, marketing...) did some serious damage and she only went about 100 yards.

I'm glad she didn't go far because we had a real long track on saturday morning. My buddy hit a doe and we never found it. turns out, it was THIS DOE! He nicked it with one blade in the neck (the deer was quartering away pretty heavily - hisshot wasn't as far as you'd think from the vitals). He's a great shot, and can put deer on the ground better then anyone I know - so please, no grief.He also practices about 3-4 times a week. I can't keep up with him! Just glad I could clean up his mess

Anyway, for those of you that are in to these types of shots here's a couple (sorry, no good pics. I didn't grab my camera)

entrance wound:
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/rackluster/2007%20Doe%209-18/?action=view&current=P1010536.jpg

neck wound from Saturday:
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x158/rackluster/2007%20Doe%209-18/?action=view&current=P1010538.jpg

It's also real rewarding for me because my season is going to be pretty messed up. I'm having surgery in a couple weeks (on my stinking birthday) and then I have to work the best two weekends of the year and I'll miss a lottery archery hunt that I got drawn for (I shot my best archery buck there).

Time to hit the hay...
Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First deer on my new land! (with a twist...)

Congrats, what are hunting buddies for....lol
Old 09-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Bartender

Congrats and I know where your buddy is coming from. I myself practice everyday and the last 2 years my kill shots have been off.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. I just can't wait to get back up there. It's really something, getting a deer on your own property. To add to the shortened season I'm going to have the wife is going out of town all week so I'll have to stay home to watch the kids (that's not all that bad either ).
Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome job!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on a fine doe...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, I took my first Turkey off my property with a Bow, great feeling!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I got a doe (the same doe my buddy hit on Saturday!!)

Congratulations, RackLuster!! Boy, if that ain't gettin' me in the mood seeing your closeups of that entrance wound!! [8D]
Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can think of only one other story that mimics this one and it's awesome, same deer, what are the odds? Two people shooting the same deer. Cool.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job, AND you can bust your buddy's chops whenever those hunting stories come up. Something like "thanks for slowing her down for me Bro". It's all in fun

Quick Reply: I got a doe (the same doe my buddy hit on Saturday!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.