Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lighted nocks affect shooting?(updated with new ??) >

Lighted nocks affect shooting?(updated with new ??)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lighted nocks affect shooting?(updated with new ??)

Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lighted nocks affect shooting?(updated with new ??)

If i took my regular nock out and put in a lighted nock in would the weight be enough to change my shot any?

So which is better lumenok or tracer nocks?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lighted nocks affect shooting?

I have been using the Luma Nocks for two years and have yet to notice a difference. Just expect to be a bit suprised when you release it at a deer and forget that you have it on there!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

last year i made my own...it was either on or off, but while hunting i just turned it on and left it on...no biggie..wasnt much brighter than my fletchings while it was nocked. it didnt affect flight at all.

this year, im shooting tracer nocks. i cannot get my broadheads to group with my fieldpoints. they hit about 3-4 inches lower than my fieldpoints. drives me mad lol...but, arrows seem to be flying true so i cant complain i guess...i really like them for watching arrow flight and shot placement. my woods are usually pretty dark till the leaves fall off the trees...i can still see my arrows without them but sometimes its really tough. i like them just for that reason...in the dark woods they really glow
Old 09-17-2007, 06:53 PM

mauser - move your nock set down about 1/16". That'll get your broadheads to group with your fp's and shouldn't affect your fp's with that small of a move.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont notice a difference
Old 09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

dont notice a difference
even with BH's
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though your adding about 20 to 30 grains, I think since its on the back of the arrow it makes less differance. Really your only gonna loose about 7 to 10fps and I shot mine out to 60yards and really didnt notice any difference. Im sure if you get out there around 80 or more it probably would but for practical distances you should be fine even with broadheads.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 PM

Didn't notice a difference in my groups, but the first two deer i killed useing them, suprised me and I peeked around the bow causing me to hit a little further back. Seeing a lighted nok, after shooting regular nocs so long took me some getting use to.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:08 PM

Used luminocks first time this year... arrow flight hasn't changed at all. However , I did cut 2" off my shafts to lose weight difference.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting the luminoks for a few years now and love them. I keep the old ones that burned out and use in my practice arrows. All my practice arrows and hunting arrows have the same nocks in them so the everything is all uniform! I would of lost a few arrows in the luminoks went lit up!

Quick Reply: Lighted nocks affect shooting?(updated with new ??)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.