Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 a little info I found (and didnt find) >

a little info I found (and didnt find)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a little info I found (and didnt find)

Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default a little info I found (and didnt find)

After seeing the post about the Anti-hunter from the Northeast, I dicided to check out a few numbers. I found that an estimated $1.5 Billion is contributed to wildlife conservation by hunters each year. I also (dont bash me for this) went to the PETA website and looked at their "Finance Page" and to my disbelief there were no contributions what-so-ever to conserving any species. Just a lot of Campaign funds and some BS about building some doghouses. I also checked the Humane Society of The United States and found nothing about contributions from them either. Its looking to me like these two organizations are just trying to scam innocent people kinda like some of infomercials that if you "donate today you could change a childs life" and then they build them a one room home out of wood and sod that they found right there at the village. And they spend Millions on commercials and this and that and maybe just maybe 5 cents of that dollar you donated to that child actually made it to help them. Just my opinionbut us hunters do more for the animals in one year than these activasts have done since they were founded.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: a little info I found (and didnt find)

PETA is a million dollar "BUSINESS" and you can bet your ass that those in the upper management are laughing all the way to the bank. They care nothing for animals and only care about furthering their agenda.

HSUS is another story. If they would keep their noses out of the hunting community and keep it were it belongs they might be an alright organization. I have a big heart for obused dogs and pets as they don't deserve treatment of the likes. Being chained and starved is a criminal act and I applaud the Humane Society for prosecuting and arresting in such criminal acts.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I have a big heart for obused dogs and pets as they don't deserve treatment of the likes. Being chained and starved is a criminal act and I applaud the Humane Society for prosecuting and arresting in such criminal acts.
Im a HUGE softy when it comes to this............i just cant stand seeing it or hearing about it.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

I also have a big heart towards animals that are treated cruelly. My step-mother used to be a vet, so Ican sympathize for animals suffering. I read the info that HSUS stated about the Iowa dove season, (Im from Iowa) and I have always wanted the opportunity to hunt doves. However after reading their view on the subject they stated that hunters already have an abundance of game including ducks, geese, pheasant, ect. and that dove wasnt a primary food scource. After reading this I really dont care one way or the other if we ever get the season opened. Im all for them to stop the testing on monkeys and dog-fights and what have you, I just dont see their need to try tostop hunting. Im a hunter, I was raised a hunter and I will die a hunter. I think that if they are a truelly devoted organization they should display proudly their efforts with contributing funds towards conservation. (If they even do contribute) Now correct me if Im wrong but doesnt some of the funds raised by hunters donate lands as refuges. If so, that right there says alot, I think it shows that we hunt for food, but we know that the animals need a safe haven to flourish. Im not sure of the numbers of refuge acres but I do know that there are 2 quite large refuges close to where I live. Just rambling...