Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let's Be Careful. >

Let's Be Careful.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let's Be Careful.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Let's Be Careful.

Especially us guys who hunt early season in the South. I made a trip to check my game camera this evening. I have it attached to a fence post. I have to cross the fence right next to it. Actually I use the top of the post for something to hold on to as I cross the barbed wire. I crossed the fence as usual and put my corn and some Buck Jam on my mineral block. I then put a fresh battery and memory card in the game cam. I also had to set the camera parameters and clear the events counter. Took about 5 minutes with the camera. Keep in mind, the camera is about 2.5 feet off the ground. I finished with the camera and picked up my bucket and Buck Jam, ect. and crossed the fence. In the process, a green-briar attached itself to my pants leg, which I stopped to get loose from. As I was turning to walk away, I glanced back at the post and something caught my eye. Thank the Lord this did not attach itself to my leg or hand.

My son had just minutes earlier told me to watch for snakes while I was out there. Thank God he was not out there with me. Could have been bad either way. So, let's just please remember to be careful out there and not let one of these evil little creatures ruin our hunt. (Or Worse)

LT
Old 09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let's Be Careful.

And by the way, yes, he was coiled in the business position the whole time. God, I have the heebie-jeebies now. LOL

LT
Old 09-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Glad to hear you caught on to him first.

Honestly, I don't worry too much about snakes while in the woods. For some reason a 3 ft blanket of silk wrapping around my face worries me more.[&:]

I hate spiders![:'(]
Old 09-14-2007, 06:27 PM

Haha, for some reason that bottom pic reminds me of the budweiser "wassup" comercials that used to air.