Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mechanicals Or Broadheads >

Mechanicals Or Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mechanicals Or Broadheads

Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Mechanicals Or Broadheads

Mechanicals Or Broadheads Which Is Better Would Just Like Some Oppinions.......
Old 09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mechanicals Or Broadheads

I like Fixed broadheads..with all the things that can go wrong in a hunting situation, why introduce, blades opening, correctly.

Everyone has an opinion..that's mine
Old 09-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm tring the Rage 2-blades this year. It's all been fixed blades until now.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ChristianRacing29

Mechanicals Or Broadheads Which Is Better Would Just Like Some Oppinions.......
Mechanicals are broadheads just like fixed blades broadheads are broadheads.

I am now carrying both in my quiver. I have both Rocky Mountain Snypers (mech) and Muzzy 3 blade (fixed) and I have them both flying together.

Now, both fly together, both are extremely sharp and both have taken deer quickly. Neither is better than the other.

The only pro of a mechanical that I can think of is the larger cutting diameters. People say better arrow flight but that is totally a misconception. People use mechanicals as a shortcut to a well tuned bow/arrow combo. Both fixed and mechanicals can and do fly perfect as my own example, both in my quiver, both drive tacks so how is one a better flyer than the other?

A couple pros to a fixed, always open tho I've never had a Snyper fail and uusually better built, fixed blades can be sturdier depending on make and manufacturer.

That's it in retrospect....if you have razor sharp heads hitting where you want, neither is better. Period.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been able to get my muzzy's to fly to the same point of impact as the FP's and I've tried everything, trust me. They group the same tight groups but not in the same place. I must say the mechanicals are somewhat more forgiving of form breaks than the fixed.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:47 AM

Well, I switched to mech's this year STRICTLY because I wanted the large cutting diameter. Rob is 100% correct in his assesment that most times people use them as a bandaid, because they aren't willing, or don't have the knowledge, to tune the bow and arrows properly to get fixed heads flying correctly. In my case, that's not the reason. I'm getting a 2" cut, which is twice as big as most fixed heads.....That's twice the damage, twice the bleeding, and in theory, dead deer faster.

Rob is also right.....Put a fixed head where it needs to be, deer dead fast. One of the does I shot last year.....actually, now that I think about it, BOTH of the does I shot last year were shot with fixed blade heads, and neither made it farther than 50 yards.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I've never been able to get my muzzy's to fly to the same point of impact as the FP's and I've tried everything, trust me.
You know Andy, I hadn't until this Allegiance, to be honest they were always about an inch low, left. Now, dead on.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a bad experience with Wasp Jak Hammers (mech) opening in flight, cost me two deer in one year, so I went back to 3 blade Muzzy's. Now I never have to worry about the unforseen.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Same here on the muzzy's. If I remember right that is a problem with your arrow rest. Download eastons little guide deal on how to tune your bow. My fixed broadheads 75 grain Rocket Steelhead and my Mechanicals 75 grain Rocket Wolverines. Group together along with my field points. So Im good....knock on wood
Old 09-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I've never been able to get my muzzy's to fly to the same point of impact as the FP's and I've tried everything, trust me.
You know Andy, I hadn't until this Allegiance, to be honest they were always about an inch low, left. Now, dead on.
Yeah, my friend who helps me a lot,works on his own equiptment has an older,slower bow that just won't tune but his newer,faster bows all tune well. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Mechanicals Or Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.