Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Picture and paint thingy? >

Picture and paint thingy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picture and paint thingy?

Old 09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Picture and paint thingy?

Can anyone tell me how you take an aerial photo, draw on it and post it here?

I made a thread a few days ago about the new land that I just aquired. I'm going to be hard pressed to do much scouting at all before bowseason. I was going to see if I posted an aerial if I could get some some opinions from people here. I have a few stand locations in mind, but with the short time I have I wanted to see if anything jumped out at you guys. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picture and paint thingy?

Lets take a look.NO PIC?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Big Foot,

Buck Slayer helped me. When you are on your aerial photo site and have it up, you want to click "Print Screen" on your keyboard. For me, I have to hit the FN key and then PRT SC. That copies the screen.

Then go to Paint, click edit, paste and the photo appears to Paint. (at least it did for me).

Perhaps someone else has more information.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Try taking a screen shot then drawing on it in the paint program. I did that with this photo that I got from google earth. Then everytime I see a deer or want to log sightings I just go to paint and put a dot where I saw it. It helps me track movement.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Right click on the file, select OPEN WITH and then choose "Paint" if that's what you want use. Your picture will open, use the tools on the left side of the page to do what you want. You can select color, tool, brush width, freehand, shape or whatever and do what you want. Then do a File Save As..whatever you want. As you complete one part of your edit keep saving so you don't loose all your hard work when you screw up and want to backtrack.I would suggest JPG or something to make it more internet size friendly. Then post it like you normally would, either resize to EMBED or host on Photobucket or some such place.

The alternative is to allow me free roam of the place until bow season comes. I'll hang a couple stands and shoot a couple so you can see what's there. LOL What a pal don't you think?[8D][8D] While we're on the subject, who is the NYbowhunter 17 or whatever? I keep thinking it's you and then when I read I realize it isn't. Very confusing.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

The alternative is to allow me free roam of the place until bow season comes. I'll hang a couple stands
You're more then welcome to come scout it out, hang my stands and trim some shooting lanes for me. Heck I'll even give you a call and you can come field dress and drag my buck out when the time comes [8D]

I think I'm getting close with the paint thingy. It may take me the better part of the day before I completely figure it out [:-]
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

trim some shooting lanes for me.
Well you see, you're already thinking of messing the place up. I hardly ever and usually NEVER trim except to make room to manuver once the stand is set. The more trimming, the more trouble you create for yourself. Once in a blue moon there'll be something that has to come down but it's trucked out of the area. I'd rather have a couple holes to shoot through than a wide open clear cut some people make. Seriously, if I hang a stand there's not going to be any cutting going on.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ohhhhhhhh I'm just talking about a few fletch catcher twigs here and there that could be in the way of my arrow through my peep holes. I won't be taking a chainsaw out there carving picture windows.[8D]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:58 PM

I was looking for this information also. Thanks for the post. But i am still having a hard time bringing the map up with the PRT SCR button. I hit it and nothing happens. One of the posts above said to hit the FN button first. What is the FN button? I think this is great to be able to mark and track the deer you see and record information. Thanks a million! Once i get the FN button thing i think i will be ready to roll.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:25 PM
OGW

Find an Aerial Photo you want to copy.
Hit the "Ctrl" & "PrtSc" buttons at the same time(Control + Print Screen).
The photo is now copied to your computers clipboard.
Open the "Paint" program in Windows.
Click on Edit.
Click on Paste.
Then the first thing you should do is hit the "File" then "Save As" buttons.
Save the Photo as a .JPEG file type.
Then Re-open the "Paint" program.
Hit the File button again and then hit "Open".
Find the Photo inthe "My Pictures" folder on your computer and click on it.
Then edit the photo the way you want to adding any features with the tools in Paint.
Hit the "File" button again and then "Save As" again forthe updated photo making sure you add the (2) after the file name.
This gives you a un-edited copy of the photo to go back to make any changes. Also saving the updated photo as a .JPEG file type makes it easier to upload to most photo hosting sites.

This Aerial below I did for another member here on the forums showing a place where my brother in law took a nice 8 pointer in Florida. In a later version I zoomed in closer, cropped out the edges of the desktop, and uploaded that photo to Photobucket as well.
All done with the process above...

Quick Reply: Picture and paint thingy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.