Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mechanical broadheads >

mechanical broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mechanical broadheads

Old 09-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default mechanical broadheads

I personaly shoot mechanical because that was what i started with, well i heard so many bad things about i decided to buy i middle of the line set of fixed and they were all over the place they were always at least 2 inches away from where i was aiming, so my question is do think i should stick my mechanicals since they fly so much better? By the thanks everbody for reminding to shoot my broadheads before the season i cant convince my friends to do it they think they all fly the same.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mechanical broadheads

with it being so close to the season id probably stick with the mechanicals.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

If you are comfortable with mechanicals then stick with them. Don't let someone elses worry affect you. I shoot rage 2 blades myself.

-john
Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

rookie, what the fixed blade broadheads did was tell you, you have a problem. It's either a problem with your bow not being tuned, your arrows being wrong for your bow, your arrows not being tuned or there is an issue with your shooting.

My question to you then, Why on Earth would you not want to fix your problem?

Sticking with the mechanicals is just masking the issue, sure they might hit where your field points are but they are not hitting there to the best of their ability, ie arrow travel.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

rookie, what the fixed blade broadheads did was tell you, you have a problem. It's either a problem with your bow not being tuned, your arrows being wrong for your bow, your arrows not being tuned or there is an issue with your shooting.

My question to you then, Why on Earth would you not want to fix your problem?

Sticking with the mechanicals is just masking the issue, sure they might hit where your field points are but they are not hitting there to the best of their ability, ie arrow travel.
ROOKIE-These are very wise words.You need to see whats going on with you(grip) or the tuning of your bow or your arrow spline.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

i had everything set up prfessionaly at a bow shop and i am by no means a bow technichan so i am going stick the arrows and set up i have now since i can group three ot four arrows together actually touching eachother at 20-30 yds. I think it may just have a bad brand of broadheads they eastman titanium tri locs.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

oh by the way my season opens up saterday thats the main reason why i think i will just stick with wat i am comfortable for now i really appreciate your guys help because i really am rookie.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Certain fixed blade heads tend to fly better in some bows than others. Try the G5 Montec or the Slick Trick. And just because your bow was "professionally" set up by a pro shop doesn't mean it's tuned. It's kind of like bore sighting a rifle - they try to get you close, but no guarantees.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks like i said i am no bow technician so what do you recomend?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 AM

You want to go with your mechanicals, so do so. Nothing wrong with taking the safest and most confidence building path to harvesting deer.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: mechanical broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.