Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for a new climbing stand (updated) >

Looking for a new climbing stand (updated)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a new climbing stand (updated)

Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking for a new climbing stand (updated)

I'm in the market for a new climber that is light, quiet, and easy to setup and climb (In that order).

What would you recommend?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a new climbing stand

I'd go with the Lone Wolf Alpha sit and climb if you don't mind spending the extra $$$. My 2nd choice would be just about any stand from Summit.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Currently, I have a Summit 180 and like it. I'm going to pass it down to my nephew and buy a new one.

I really like the options with the 180 although I feel it's heavy, around 23lbs.

The 2 stands I had in mind were indeed the Lone Wolf Sit & Climb ($350) or the Loggy Bayou XL Stalker ($230).

Both are under 18lbs and both have features I like.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Typical Buck

Lone Wolf comes to mind right now. Light and quiet fit the bill, but off the top of my head, I'm not sure how easy they are to set-up. I use an API Bowhunter and love it, but lately I have been looking into stands that are more packable.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I cannot express enough how much I love my Ol'man climber. I had a Summit and sold it. I didn't like how it packed and carried as well as not liking the seat down in the climber because it made the bar too high and interfered with shots close to the tree.

The Ol'man is quiet, easy to pack and carry, easy to use and the mesh seat is as comfortable as any I've sat in. I owned the Summit and still own a Loggy but when I climb I carry the Ol'man and loc on the Loggy.

It's not the lightest at 22 lbs but I could care less, I throw a 20 lb pack on it too.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Tried a Lone Wolf......Can't sleep in it. Too uncomfortable.

Tried an API.....No dice.

Tried a Summit Viper. Great stand.

Bought a Summit Bullet. Gave it to son.

I can't find anything to touch the Viper.

Different strokes........
Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit are my favorite
Old 09-16-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ended up making a purchase. Was able to buy a lone wolf alpha sit & climb that was the display model at a local outdoors store. It has some scratches on it but is still new.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good choice Primitive. I wouldn't use anything else! I will have to say it's not the most comfortable stand. Iuse thisfoam cushionwhen I get set up. It ties on both sides so it can't go anywhere. Nice and comfy.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the Summit Viper for 5 years and have to complain about it. It's the most comfortable stand I've ever used. The only complaint I have is it is so bulky when strapped to your back. It extends over 2 feet from your back. It's a pain when walking through thick brush or on long treks into the woods.

I finally broke down and bought a LW Sit and Climb after hearing so much about it. It packs flat and it a bit lighter than the Viper. The seat isn't nearly as comfortable as the Viper, but I fixed that by taking the Vipers off and putting it on the LW. Now I have the best of both worlds!

Quick Reply: Looking for a new climbing stand (updated)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.