Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This is good for a few laughs... >

This is good for a few laughs...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is good for a few laughs...

Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This is good for a few laughs...

e-mail sent to the scumbag
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, I don't have an email account. If someone would copy and pastemy messageon their email and tell them this is from Christopher Hannah of Summerville, SC, that would be appreciated. PM me and I'll give you the letter tomorrow.

It disgusts me... people like him. I think it's hilarious that he is, was, and will be outvoted every year by 8 people!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chris, go to the link provided by Ed and leave a comment. No email needed there.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

left my 2 cents
Just a little info on the bowhunter side of things. As hunters we also do not want to see any animal suffer, whether it be a human related injury, or a slow painful death due to starvation. Im from Iowa and with all the cropland obviously starvation isnt common here, however, not all of Iowa is lush with crops every year due to flooding, frost after planting and so on.
Another tid-bit for the non hunters, I know litterally hundreds of bow hunters who spend more time practicing than actual hunting just to ensure vital shot placement. As said before hunters do not want to see an animal suffer. Manufacturers are now designing broadheads (arrowheads) with larger cutting diameter for maximum tissue damage. This in term leads to much faster expiration of the animal and therefore less pain and suffering.
For the anti-hunters, unless you live in a dirt home and deal with mother-natures elements you need not criticize. If you eat any meat or animal bi-product such as cheese or milk in your own statements that animal suffered. If your home is made using wooden 2x4's according to your own statements animals suffered. Such as the squirrels who were crushed by limbs and debris, the baby robins as well. If you drive a vehicle, have you NEVER in your entire life killed a living creature, and if you did, did you give it a proper burial and say a prayer for the life it lived. Just another fact for the readers. Many, not all, hunters after a hunt do infact thank GOD for the food he has blessed their family with, and MANY before each meal will pray and thank GOD for the food he has given them.
I'm not bashing anti-hunters or non-hunters in anyway. Im only stating my opinions. One of my opinions is that as a society we need anti's. Give Gods creatures your support, but in your support dont take away others rights. You may be a Chicago Cubs fan and I a Whitesox fan. Im not going to tell you that you shouldnt be a Cubs fan because Im not. Im not going to rally all of the Whitesox fans outside of a Cubs game and BOO them and protest against them. I am however going to join my Whitesox brotheren and cheer for their efforts and feel sorrow for their losses.
There will always be a debate on hunting being right or wrong. My feelings differ from yours, leave it at that. Dont go popping off bogus facts just as I try to avoid. I say MOST hunters dont want to see suffering, Im certain theres the few who like the scene of death. Just as Im certain that there are anti hunters who enjoy the hamburgers and hotdogs on the 4th of July. In my honest opinion, IM NOT WRONG FOR HUNTING AND YOUR'E NOT WRONG FOR NOT HUNTING.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Sent an email titled, Stop bowhunting...

"Your ignorance is something that I can not tolerate. Most bowhunters are archers, we practice every minute we have to make sure we make a clean kill. With most new bows in the 300+ fps (feet per second) speed, there is less of a chance of a deer "jumping the string" as it's called and making a bad shot.

If a bowhunter takes a bad shot, we know to wait a few hours before the search begins, this gives the animal enough time to expire without the chance of spooking a wounded deer further away. How dare you try to take away my right! I am an American and if I remember correctly, I am free. How dare you, because of who you are in politics, make a judgment call or try to persuade people in your beliefs, when as you stated yourself, you are a "non-hunter"; meaning you know nothing about it.

You disgust me. If I was a resident of your state, I would make sure you would never receive a vote from myself or anyone I can convince that you are just an ignorant liberal trying to restrict my freedom! It's funny, you liberals went ape **** when Bush wanted to tap phones lines to protect American HUMANS from terrorist but yet you put your foot down when it comes to animals...grow some balls and stand up for issues that matter!

Signed,
Proud FREE American Citizen"
Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Chris, go to the link provided by Ed and leave a comment. No email needed there.
I can't find the place to leave a comment...I think they took it down.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure automobile vs deer collisions cause far more crippling of the deer herd, maybe this wingnut ought to start a campaign to outlaw cars and trucks.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,
I have been hunting in MD for 18 years, what You missed was this mans tittle -
"commissioner of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' Wildlife Advisory Commission"

Thats right, former gov. Glendennig (Dem) appoints the DNR advisory board. it was allways made up of Bioligests, science typs, farmers, sportsmen. Glendenning loaded up the board with peta members.
Now DNR hunting decisions are in part made By Mr Lamp and his PETA crowd, I do not like to pick political sides, be I have never seen a Rep gov try to stop hunting.

Slack
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent a e-mail to the dumd a$$. I only gave the facts.When I would have loved to call him a(nevermind)
Old 09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

It doesn't bother me that this guy has his position, he is entitled to it. What bothers me is how off base his statements are and that there is no factual basis to support it. He is using his column to forward his own personal agenda and that is not the purpose of freedom of the press. I will be reminding Baltimore Sun of this fact.

Quick Reply: This is good for a few laughs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.