Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Baking Soda questions..... >

Baking Soda questions.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baking Soda questions.....

Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Baking Soda questions.....

I bought 3 big boxes of the stuff, last night, Matt. Heck....it's cheap!

I just never knew how people use dit in their routines. I may try your approach, also. Will probably use it in my boots as well.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ha..had a question about those HSS vest too..I was looking at mine last night and wonderring how to descent it. Besides just spraying it down.

Do you take the buckles out somehow?? They'd beat the crap outta the washer wouldn't they??
Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

GR8:

I just connected the buckles (leg) and put it on normal wash.

It didn't cause a fuss, believe me. It's hanging outside, right now, drying.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 AM

We've always used baking soda in the wash for our hunting clothes, just add about a cup in the load and we hand dry weverything outside. Sprinkle some in the boots occasionally as well. Nothing special, nothing tricky.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks..

I have to get started washing everything, well actually I'm permanently banned from the wash-room . I'll get the lovely wife to help me out!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 AM

Iuse a lot of baking soda. Ipour it in all of the containers I store my clothes in.When I am out hunting, I put it in my hair and boots.I also have a couple of spraybottles with just a mix of water and baking soda that I use all season long.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wash all my clothes (not scent loc) In baking soda a couple times a year and let them line dry! Before I wash them I run a few cycles of water and and a whole box of baking soda threw my washer to eliminate any odors in there. Then when done I wash my clothes I use 1 big box of soda for a full load of clothes and line dry!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 AM

I have used baking soda to wash clothes as well. I don't get it when people sprinkle it on their close or spray it. Isn't the baking soda supposed to absorb the odor? Therefore, wouldn't the odor still be on you, just attached to the baking soda instead? Or does the baking soda actually neutralize the odor?

Anywhoo, I tried the do it yourself scent killer recipe and I have a few thoughts. First, no matter how hard I try to stir, shake, etc. , the baking soda never fully dissolves and sits on the bottom of the spray bottle. Clogs the bottle up and seems to leave a white residue on things I spray it on. So I have abandoned it. Also, when making it, I was originally going to use some unscented scent killer shampoo, until I noticed that there were several dyes in it. Did any of them contain UV brighteners? Not sure. So I left it out. It's mainly supposed to be to make it a little thicker and adhere better anyway.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chucker34

I have used baking soda to wash clothes as well. I don't get it when people sprinkle it on their close or spray it. Isn't the baking soda supposed to absorb the odor? Therefore, wouldn't the odor still be on you, just attached to the baking soda instead? Or does the baking soda actually neutralize the odor?

Anywhoo, I tried the do it yourself scent killer recipe and I have a few thoughts. First, no matter how hard I try to stir, shake, etc. , the baking soda never fully dissolves and sits on the bottom of the spray bottle. Clogs the bottle up and seems to leave a white residue on things I spray it on. So I have abandoned it. Also, when making it, I was originally going to use some unscented scent killer shampoo, until I noticed that there were several dyes in it. Did any of them contain UV brighteners? Not sure. So I left it out. It's mainly supposed to be to make it a little thicker and adhere better anyway.
Let it settle in the original gallon container then pour off the top w/o stirring. Whatever settled out isn't needed,there's enough dissolved in there anyway!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM

I have a big tote with all my hunting clothes in it. I wash them with scent eliminator and then dry them. Put them in the tote and sprinkle a liberal amount of baking soda in there. I put a bunch at the bottom and then on the top of the clothes. It works pretty good as far as I can tell. Ive never been able to ask the deer if they can smell me yet, because they usually arent talkin when they get into range!!!

Quick Reply: Baking Soda questions.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.