HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Baking Soda questions.....
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Dr Andy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Baking Soda questions.....

ORIGINAL: chucker34

I have used baking soda to wash clothes as well. I don't get it when people sprinkle it on their close or spray it. Isn't the baking soda supposed to absorb the odor? Therefore, wouldn't the odor still be on you, just attached to the baking soda instead? Or does the baking soda actually neutralize the odor?

Anywhoo, I tried the do it yourself scent killer recipe and I have a few thoughts. First, no matter how hard I try to stir, shake, etc. , the baking soda never fully dissolves and sits on the bottom of the spray bottle. Clogs the bottle up and seems to leave a white residue on things I spray it on. So I have abandoned it. Also, when making it, I was originally going to use some unscented scent killer shampoo, until I noticed that there were several dyes in it. Did any of them contain UV brighteners? Not sure. So I left it out. It's mainly supposed to be to make it a little thicker and adhere better anyway.
Let it settle in the original gallon container then pour off the top w/o stirring. Whatever settled out isn't needed,there's enough dissolved in there anyway!