Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Success in the land of 10,000 lakes (pics updated 9/15) >

Success in the land of 10,000 lakes (pics updated 9/15)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success in the land of 10,000 lakes (pics updated 9/15)

Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Success in the land of 10,000 lakes (pics updated 9/15)

As some of you may know, I've been bear hunting since september 1st. I only put out one bait this year, and it was getting hit consistently every day, or night I did not know. Until, I put out the trail cam, 6 differant bear in one day. I was stoked. This is my second year bear hunting, and this certain bait location has some history. Last year hunting, I had a big boar come in, not too good at judging, but he went 280-300#. He presented the shot, I took it, BAM. I thought i drilled him right in the boiler maker, and to this day, believe I did. However, after tracking him 3+(no lie) miles, the blood deminished, and to much dissapointment, NO BEAR. I was Crushed.
However, this year was differant. Opening night, September 1st, I had a sow with two cubs sneak in. For those of you who bear hunt, you know how quiet they are in the woods, amazing. I passed on them, even though the cubs were legal. I left for college on the 2nd and had to wait a whole week to hunt again, a big thanks to dad for baiting! I shot this Sow, I assume she is 3.5 years old Sunday September 9th at quarter to eight. I am very happy with her, she goes 220#. The Strikers did there job, she went 40 yards. Sorry for the pic, its a cell phone photo, post more when I get my USB camera this weekend. Arrived back at college at 2 am, but well worth it. Sorry so long, you can say I'm flyin high.

Equip:
Hoyt Trykon 28" at 68#
g5 strikers
Beman ICS hunters

Old 09-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Success in the land of 10,000 lakes

Way to go man. You stayed after it and got the reward. Excellent!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Success in the land of 10,000 lakes

Congrats on the bear. It is an awesome feeling to take one with a bow. I'm going to guess that instead of the boiler maker last year you hit the HUGE and tough shoulder blade. You have to aim differently on a bear then you do on a deer or elk. I've hit that blade on two different bears with an arrow. The first one popped out when the bear turned around. He was only 10 yards away and the arrow more or less bounced off. The second one lasted about 40 yards before dropping out. My friend and I spent several hours looking for him and never found any blood. Those are the breaks with trying to take a bruin with a bow. But this year you did it. Congrats!!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Success in the land of 10,000 lakes (pics)

Thats great, goodlooking bear, what an accomplishment, congrats!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, it means a lot!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

at my cabin up by bigfork mn. there`s so many bear you cant keep a bearbait hot unless you check it daily,minnesota`s good fer da bear,but I keep hearin about people shootin 125# bears!!!There`s big bears in minnesota,let em grow I say-good job bro,keep `em comin ~ps (big ears=small bear)
Old 09-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go buddy , I have a fellow and his better half coming in to bear hunt this year in wva (but no baiting ) should be fun congrats again good luck with the deer this year
Old 09-11-2007, 06:26 PM

Great Job on the Bear! I know what it's like juggling school, hunting, and other commitments. I'm gonna start applying for bear tags this year, it takes most people between 4 and five years to draw a tag here in WI (that's what I'm told at least). Either way, congrads and way to represent us College Boys!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats!!! Where in East Central, MN?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the bear. Sounds like you've got that figured out. Good job.

Quick Reply: Success in the land of 10,000 lakes (pics updated 9/15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.