Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech/No Warranty >

BowTech/No Warranty

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech/No Warranty

Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BowTech/No Warranty

I have shot Bowtechs for 5 yrs if you have your buddy call them and talk to a rep they will offer a warranty , if they dont email me or pm me and I will get it done my buddy owns a BOWTECH Dealer ship trust me they will work with him goodluck . Just about any company will do what they can to keep business , did he have to pay for the limbs? BOWTECH BOY VFT EXTREME
Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

If you had a better pro shop who had a good relationship with the manufacturer then it does'nt matter what brand of bow you had from a major player that is.example,the limbs split on my mathews last year 2 weeks before season and I took it to my pro shop (where I have been doing bus. with for a while now) and he did not even ask me about origanal ownership he just called his rep and got him to rush me the proper limbs and I did'nt miss opeining day.I have since bought a bowtech and I know I will get the same great service as always.GET A GOOD PRO SHOP FOR SUPERIOR SERVICE!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 AM

AHHH Thanks Rick, I too at one time worked for an auto manufactuer. All I was saying when this got started was that I thought that the company,ie; BT, would atleast warranty their OWN limbs when purchased new. OF COURSE if there were defective cams, riser or strings, it would be common sense that the part would not be covered. As someone said earlier, the power we have as consumers is pretty great. I wasn't slamin any bow, but that's ok, atleast it got people thinkin. Have a great season !!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:53 AM

bowtech boy, I called bowtech and talk to Jeff about my limbs and he said this is a first for him and that he said he would check and get back to me. Well he didn't but I did get a email from John Nelson whois the customer service manager and he states the limbs would not be covered under warranty unless you are the original owner of the bow. Now if you want to PM me here is my email[email protected]. As I stated earlier maybe this is something bowtech should look into, there is no doubt that they make a good bow but I have read where they had a material problem with there 2005 line bows. It just so happens I have a 2005 allegiance.
I also saw on ebay where a guy just sold a 2005 allegiance and he stated that his limbs cracked and bowtech replaced them with 2007 limbs. Maybe bowtech knew this was a problem and said nothing, it could hurt there business.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a great experience with PSE. I had bought a PSE quiver and the head of it busted off where the broadheads sit. I called the company and told them what had happened they sent me a brand new quiver without even wanting to see the old one. I thought it was a great gesture from the company even though I didn't buy it from one of the companies authorized dealers just a private store that buys stuff from other pro shops and resells them. PSE has my respect for there commitment to there products.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 AM

Well there you have it, PSE has been in business a long time and they value the customers, even when it comes to the small items. Bowtech can learn something from PSE, it is called customer satifaction.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM

For some, customer satisfaction is a thing of the past, but makeing it to the Fortune 500, weeeell that's a different story
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Yeah there are a lot of things that are in the past, companies use to have
integrity.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:16 AM

My future brother in law had his first set replaced after a year and his second set lasted 75 arrows..... Split right before his Colorado hunting trip...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

You are right, the warranties suck, however, remember, he PURCHASED NEW LIMBS FROM BOWTECH, THEY will not warranty the new limbs that he purchased and installed by an authorized BOWTECH dealer. Hoyt, Mathews and PSE will warranty the parts that you buy from them. As far as the bow being a "unit" well the riser, limbs, cams, strings all go together to complete the weapon system, if "A" part fails then that part can be replaced and should be under warranty, if a part fails that causes a catastrophic failure then there was defective materials or workmanship. Didn't mean to hurt the feelings of the BT fans, it is an awesome bow, thought it was poor business not to warranty their own part installed by their authorized dealer.
You are absolutely right!

One reason I will never buy a used bowtec. They have a history of limb failure. Been hearing it for years and have said for years that taking care fo a problem the way they do is exceptional. Having to take care of the problem over and over is neglegence. They bend over backwards to make the customer happy only to provide them with the same defective product. I don't get it.

Quick Reply: BowTech/No Warranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.