Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting and the Women >

Hunting and the Women

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting and the Women

Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting and the Women

I started thinking about some of the past relationships I've been in earlier today. Most of the womengrew up around hunting but really couldn't stand it. I can recall a few times that I got agood scorn about how I could get up at 3a.m. after going to bed at midnight to go hunting, but couldn't get up at 9 to attend one of their family functions. That is until I met my fiance.She's one of those Paris Hilton type glamour girls, but with a brain, and I know she doesn't care two squats about hunting and I don't expect her to. I have to admit though thats it's pretty awesome to be able to come home and BS aboutbowhunting andscouting. Even though she doesn't "really care" she asks questions and at least pretends to be interested. Recently she even started sitting out in the yard while I target shoot and even offered to video for me this year before she got pregnant. So here it is, theres been a few posts here about getting in trouble with hunting and your wives; but how many of you guys have women that you can actually talk to and sharethe hunting experience with?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting and the Women

i do well one day wife... we been together 3 years now still young tryin to get started in life then when everythings in order ill pop the question.

Back to the thread she loves huntin stuff she's not all up in it but shes tryin to learn im goin to try my best to get her a bow for christmas.(browning micro adrenaline)she goin to go into the woods with me this year and film and stuff, shes really cool about it and i hope i can help her take it up seriuosly.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM

mine hunts with me she loves it but she cries when she misses an i have to hear about it then
Old 09-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

My gorgeous wife knows my passion for bowhunting and turkey hunting for that matter and supports me. She knows not to plan anything the month of Oct/Nov and mornings come Spring gobbler. She never complains, she listens tho she doesn't care, she listens. She's a keeper.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

My wife doesn't hunt with me, doesn't much care to hear the stories but she does a great job of butchering and cooking. I always skin and Quarter my deer, she finishes it up and spends my hide money at the leather store.
Hmm, A wife like Parris Hilton... wth a brain, wants to go hunting and has a video camera? I'd never come out of the woods. lol
Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

I actually got A turkey this spring on her birthday and got away with it. Wisconsin spring turkey you draw tags in 5 day seasons, I drew her bday as my 1st day. Hunting gods were with me, the drive to the woods took longer than the hunt and I actually got yelled at for being home to early. lol
Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year season was fine for me, but my girl got Friday nights as long as I got Saturdays. Now that she's my wife...and pregnant, I'm not sure how it's gonna go. She knows that hunting is therapeutic for me, and that if I get to go, it is somewhat better for her...

When I'm not in the woods and I could be, I'm not the most fun person to be around. Hopefully, she can still have her "night" and I can still get my day in...

But she doesn't understand hunting...how you have to put in the hours to be successful and on Saturdays, if the sun is out, that it is "hunting time."

My father-in-law used to hunt but ended up having 5 girls so now he does gay stuff...he has since acquired two son-in-laws and is getting to fish and hunt more...man things.

However, my wife, coming from a estrogen dominated household doesn't understand like I want her to. Hopefully, she'll learn.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wack

I actually got A turkey this spring on her birthday and got away with it. Wisconsin spring turkey you draw tags in 5 day seasons, I drew her bday as my 1st day. Hunting gods were with me, the drive to the woods took longer than the hunt and I actually got yelled at for being home to early. lol
Not bad Wack. My dad shot a turkey on April 8th in 1987. It was our spring opener that year...just happened to be that the guy dad was going hunting with had to stay at the hospital with my mom because she was in labor with my brother.

Dad went hunting without him, shot a turkey, and made it back in time for my bro to be born. He walked in with a turkey beard sticking out of his shirt-pocket and didn't say a word until Dr. Riddell noticed it and asked him about it. He couldn't believe it.

Dad and Mom are still together...but I sure as heck don't recommend picking hunting over seeing your child be born.

Many nights on the couch for Dad after that little incident...

But hey, he got a turkey right? Haha.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

froman, that's a good one. In your dads defense, he didn't choose turkey hunting over your brothers birth, he chose to do both and got it done! lol They didn't name your brother Tom, did they?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

2 things:

#1 - I'm in the same position as Rob with regards to my wife's outlook on my hunting.

#2 -
She's one of those Paris Hilton type glamour girls, but with a brain, and I know she doesn't care two squats about hunting and I don't expect her to.
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITOUT PICS!

Quick Reply: Hunting and the Women

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.