Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Divorce&hunting? >

Divorce&hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Divorce&hunting?

Old 09-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Divorce&hunting?

I am sorry about the bad news. Keep your chin up...this too will pass. Women,,,can't live with 'em and can't live without 'em.
Good luck to ya'.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I lost my wife to cancer in 2000. I buried her on what would have been our 30th anniversary. I didn't care much about anything for two years. Life has a way of repairing it's self, but it takes is time. You're acting perfectly normal. Everyone heals in their own time.

PM me and I'll share with you some of God's wisdom from His word! (if you like)

Old 09-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a similar situation with my first wife. I actually caught her in bed a couple times with the another guy. Actually two different guys.

I know it hurts.

Lots of good advice on here. Just try to get out and get in the woods. It will do you good even if your heart isn't in the hunt.

Get to church and pray. just converse with God and tell him how you feel. You'd be surprised how this helps.

Try and seek some conseling or find a Seperated and Divorce group therapy if you can. These I actually enjoyed going to.

Love your daughter and spend time with her. Go for walks, talk, find things to do together.

Things will be tuff for a while.

I know people will tell you that it gets better with time but you find that hard to believe right now. trust me, it will.

One day you'll be able to look back and laugh about it. I promise you. I didn't believe it either but it happened.

As hard as things are right now, it will make you a better person.

Just don't go jumping into another relationship. Get yourself better first.

It will be a bit rough for a while but it gets better day by day.

Good Luck and remember, you still have us on here to talk to.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Prob the best thing that could of happened... NOW DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE TWICEHopefully you learned something
Old 09-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

to add to hardcorehunters - your not robbing the cradle, she's robbing the grave.

after breaking up with a few of the women i've dated, i couldnt wait to get away from them and into the woods. [8D]
Old 09-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

time heals.....think positive, it's more hunting time for you......you might even meet a hottie huntin' woman out there......
Old 09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Blessings to you - I will lift you and your daughter up in prayer tonight.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

spend time with your kids doing what they like and do what you like life continues and its important you carry on too. Time is a beautiful healer and let it work but you got to carry on bud...Good luck and Im sorry!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:07 PM

I can understand my Ex wife asked for a divorce last december 9th. That was a sad and a happy day for me, because in the morning my father took his first deer in 5 years with me but then in the afternoon my now Ex wife asked for a divorce. I honestly didn't hunt the rest of the season. It just totally threw me for a loop. But it was a blessing because I have now met a wonderful woman who is everything I should have been with from day one. I used to jokingly tell my ex that I would always have hunting but I may not always have her. She was a work-a-holic who didn't know how to relax. Right after she asked for the divorce, I found out there was interest between her and a co-worker, which I suspected before she asked for the divorce. Turns out the guy is in his 50's while my ex was 30 and he had been married 5 times already. LMFAO it still cracks me up to think about it. But I know I will always have hunting, so no matter what happens I always turn to hunting and the outdoors to help clear my mind.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that man. My wifes cousin went through the same thing. He was down for a while of course then he realized he has the op to hunt a little more and do the things he enjoyed doing right before and right after they got married. The more time he spent aroudn his friends and in the woods, the happier he became. I saw it in him after a month or so. Everything will be ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.