Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I HOPE

Old 01-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default I HOPE

That your season has been as good as mine. The first night on stand with my bow ( oct 14th ) I seen 5 and harvested 1. What a way to start. I think so far I had 3 hunts that were bad (didnt see anything). All the others were awesome, well isnt every hunt awsome. Ive seen numerous deer and 2 nice bucks that I let live till another day. 1 (8pt) and a real nice 6 pt that has potential. My buddies son which is 14 shot his first buck this yr a nice 8pt, that was awesome to see a youngster take his first buck and my buddie got it all on film. so far its been unreal, including tonight I seen 3 nice does one was limped up so i picked her to harvest, but she wouldnt come out where i needed her too. thats the fun of bowhunting, thats why ill be there again and again. Lets hear how yours went good or bad....IF I NEW HOW TO POST PICS I WOULD

Edited by - smokyghost on 01/07/2003 19:57:40
Old 01-08-2003, 06:21 AM

Default RE: I HOPE

For bowhunting, mine was decent. Saw deer, just not where i needed them to be, lol.
Spooked a nice 8 point (i think) twice, called him in both times but i couldn't pull my bow back as soon as i started he picked me out. I guess if you hunt on the ground you will have this.
Just didn't get close enough for a shot in most cases, saw several bucks, including that 8, a smaller 6, a 5 point which i harvested in gun season, and many many fawns and does. Let a couple of spike bucks pass to hopefully survive and make something of themselves for next year.

Jennings Buckmaster Bow
.50 Cal Thompson Center Renegade
Old 01-08-2003, 06:25 AM

I had a great season. I took my first deer(doe) ever with a bow. I also saw two monsters a couple of times each and will be back after them next season. I have one more chance at them on an afternoon hunt this week.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 01-09-2003, 10:28 AM

First year with a bow, took a 10 point, an 8 point and a very large doe. I can't complain at all. I too have found I really enjoy bow hunting though I had always thought it would bore me. I've been upland game most my adult life. Boy was I wrong.

THWACK!
Old 01-09-2003, 12:06 PM

Got a doe and a nice 8 with my bow. Let dozens of 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old bucks live. Saw bunches of does and yearlings. Got a doe with muzzleloader and big 8 with gun. I had a great year, I've got the freezer packed with meat and even better than that, I've got another season of great memories with friends and family in the outdoors. Thats what it is all about.

Hunt the thickets