Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Unethical shot and won't even admit it! >

Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Kill hogs anyway that you can.............If you ever live in the country or make your living with agriculture yaou know what I am saying.

-john
Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Host of Hosts

I think the shot was stupid as well. I would never shoot any animal that way regardless of damage they cause or whatever. It's just barbaric somehow. I'm glad he recovered the animal, but sad he disrespected it at the same time. I don't care if it was his first bow kill or not. It doesn't excuse him.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 PM

I do agree that that shot was inhumane, especially when he admitted that it was a half skill, half luck shot. I personally would not have taken that particular shot. I would be scared that my arrow would deflect off the boar's head, but more so that I would hit a non vital area such as the jaw, leading in a prolonged death.

I do believe; however, that if they are causing the destruction of crops they can be taken by any means possible. If the hogs are tearing up a farmer's field then any lethal shot would be acceptable to me. I am not talking about your average Joe's corn field out back, but rather a man either living off of his crop or selling his crop for profit. I have heard they can decimate a farmer's crops in the snap of a finger.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Unethical. I dont care how comfortable you are with it. A head shot shows you have no respect for the animal you are hunting.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mdbowhunter16

Unethical. I dont care how comfortable you are with it. A head shot shows you have no respect for the animal you are hunting.
I think ou mean "A head shot shows you have no respect for the animal you are hunting."

And IMO, a head shot should not be taken with a bow. But my gosh... if you're good enough to head shot game with a rifle, then I say go for it!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: Mdbowhunter16

I think ou mean "A head shot shows you have no respect for the animal you are hunting."

And IMO, a head shot should not be taken with a bow. But my gosh... if you're good enough to head shot game with a rifle, then I say go for it!
Haha yea I caught that right before I seen your post. Thanks though.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

That whole Texas MB seems strange to me right down to it's administrator. No room for head shots in bowhunting I don't care what your hunting.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

i wouln't have taken the shot. but that deadeye sounds like the type that would..........
Exactly what I was thinking....Kind ofchuckledto myself when I readwhat the Admin said about him not being around for long.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

I understand that hogs are a problem to the farms and ranches in the south. I understand that they need to be controlled by hunting. That does not excuse the taking of an "UNETHICAL ARCHERY SHOT". If you choose to use archery as your method to harvest an animal, you have a responsibility to do so in the accepted and prescribed manner by which we were all trained in hunter education. The reason we shoot for the "VITALS" is because that is what offers us the greatest degree of certainty in making a humane kill. I agree that Deadeye made a poor choice and hope that he does not repeat it.

I don't believe that he thinks he was wrong by what I read. On a sarcastic note, I hope he takes a trip to Kodiak Island and attempts the same shot on a 1,000 pound Brown bear. Hey, it worked on a hog, should work on a bear right? I would not apologize to him as he was wrong in his shot selection. His attitude and lack of concern is what gives all ethical hunters a blackeye!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

He admits in the thread that he was indeed shooting for the head. Inexperience as a bowhunter, plain and simple. He will try it again and eventually; sooner than later, he will lose a pig and forget the nonsence of head shooting a pig. Being a pig (feral hog) these are a nusiance down south and manypeople don't treat them with the same respect as other game animals. No need in arguing with the gomer.

Quick Reply: Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.