Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snuff in stand

Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Snuff in stand

When i'm in my stand i like to chew gum or suck on a mint haven't had any problem so for. but i always make sure the winds in my favor.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 PM

I usually chew Skoal Fine Cut Wintergreen! Never had any problems, I just spit on the dirt below. Actually, last year, I had three deer under my stand (doe) and they never knew I was there, even spit on the back of one...never even phased them....ha.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I've been chewing kodiak for almost 20 years and I NEVER chew in my stand, other than your hair your breath gives off probably the most scent.. I always carry a couple apples and some spearament gum with me, dont know if the gum is any better than the chew but heard it is... Not sure about the apple chew, I have had the apple skoal and it sure smells appely and even tastes like apple so I would imagine it would be better than chew... (anythings better than that chokengagen, ha,ha) Good luck this fall... One other thing, no matter what, I wouldnt spit it on my platform or anywhere else for that matter, either gut it, or carry a tuner..
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM

Kodiak here. I don't worry about it. Spit in a bottle.

I used to smoke. Now I dip. Some say the dip is worse than smoking. It probably is.

I can stay on stand all day. When I smoked...it was nearly impossible to go much more than 4 hours before lighting up.

I can't say that I miss the ol' smokers hack.

Nothin' worse than to have a piece of lung-butter dislodge when a decent animal is working in and try to keep that involuntary action of hacking it up from happening!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Spike

I dip Red Seal Fine Cut Wintergreen. I try not to dip in the stand, but I am also the type of person that worries to much about things that are going to go wrong during the hunt instead of just enjoying the time in the woods! This year if i feel the urge I'll slap a big hog in!!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always put a fattie in when im out hunting helps keep me relaxed and makes the experience more enjoyable. I just brush off a few leaves and spit on the ground the deer could care less. The apple stuff wouldnt be much of a attractant in my opinion it smells apply and tastes apply but its not quite apply enough if that makes any sence. I'll stick to my copenhagen Lcor Wolf Wg Lc and be happy.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Typical Buck

I am a grizzly man been dipping for 11 yrs. Personally I just wait till I get back to the trruck.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's all Grizz Mint for me. I always have a spare spitter in my pack. It makes the hunt way better.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to Chew Skoal Straight, but at 5.25 per can, I started using Timber Wolf Straight, tastes better, get more and it cost 2.20 at Caseys or Wal- Mart.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:42 AM

Yes, and I spit right over the side. My brother had a fork horn circle around him and came right under his stand when he was dipping mint skoal once, I guess it made him curious.

Quick Reply: Snuff in stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.