Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone use an umbrella while hunting in the rain? >

Anyone use an umbrella while hunting in the rain?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone use an umbrella while hunting in the rain?

Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Anyone use an umbrella while hunting in the rain?

The girlfriend just bought me one of those Eastman Umbrellas from Wal-mart the other day. I've always thought about getting one but just never did. I think it will be a valuable tool for me. I'll keep it in my truck all season and only carry it in when I think its going to rain. I've been caught in my climber before in a drenching rain. Not a fun day.

Anyone else use these with a treestand?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone use an umbrella while hunting in the rain?

I have used theBuckwing model for several years now. I carry it all the time with me. Never had a problem with deer spotting it. I also use it if the tree that I am in is sparse for cover. It helps to break up your outline if the deer are in close and looking up at you.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

I put one over my ladder stand for rain and extra cover last week and it's great. I noticed that it also keeps the small pieces for bark, etc. that come off the pine tree when the blows from falling all over me. Just make sure you stand up and hold your bow before screwing it into the tree to make sure you have clearance to draw and shoot.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Host of Hosts

Just make sure you stand up and hold your bow before screwing it into the tree to make sure you have clearance to draw and shoot

That's funny! I used one last year and mounted it too low. I couldn't draw my bow. Luckily I didn't have to. It turned into a monsoon about the time I was adjusting it, so I headed out. This year I'll remember to mount it a little higher.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been using them for years. Small, compact and man it makes a huge difference when its a steady rain especially when theres a chill in the air. Probably one of the best gadgets Ive ever purchased that actually works and it was less than $25.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Ive been using them for years. Small, compact and man it makes a huge difference when its a steady rain especially when theres a chill in the air. Probably one of the best gadgets Ive ever purchased that actually works and it was less than $25.
Ditto. One of the least expensive gagets that actually works. It's the ticket.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just shoot sitting down.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:45 PM

Yeah, I think it was around 11 bucks or so. Definitely looking forward to hunting in the rain.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 PM
OGW

ORIGINAL: IUSEPSE

I have used theBuckwing model for several years now. I carry it all the time with me. Never had a problem with deer spotting it. I also use it if the tree that I am in is sparse for cover. It helps to break up your outline if the deer are in close and looking up at you.
Same here...I did lose the screw-in holder for it though and ended up having to makea bracket/holder. I used an cheap flat wrench that came with a treestand, bent it in the right places and drilled an extra hole, and trimmed off the open end. I placed it in the first joint of my EZ Hanger. The holder for my buckwing umbrellanever gets left behind now!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

I got one last year and it was a life saver. It also helps to keep the glare down when the suns over head.

Quick Reply: Anyone use an umbrella while hunting in the rain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.