Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how much an how do they work >

how much an how do they work

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how much an how do they work

Old 09-02-2007, 11:58 PM

Default how much an how do they work

the thermacells how much are they an hoe do they work
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 AM

Default RE: how much an how do they work

I bought one last season after hearing how neccesary they are to keep the mosquitos away during early season. The Olive unit is roughly $22 and the realtree hardwoods unit is $30 and each refill last up to 12 hours and cost $6. It's powered by a butane cartridge, this convenient unit creates an invisible, odorless protection by heating a chemically treated repellent mat. Covers up to a 15' diameter area.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

Home Depot has them, they are around 25 bucks ,sporting good stores are a little bit higher. THEY WORK GREAT!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:41 AM

if you dont have one you need to get one..To me this is the best gadget you could ever buy..Thermacell rocks..
Old 09-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

A must have here in Tx. Get one and you won't be disappointed.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

All of the above is correct. I wouldn't go into the woods in early fall without one.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I may go get one, today......haven't decided.

Hunting from a treestand......where would I put it? There's not much room on the platform. Also....how much trouble is it to light? How can it be totally scent free if it's burning? Can YOU smell it? If it has a smell.....and it's below you.....I assume you, too will now smell like whatever it smells like (assuming it does have a smell to it......which may not be accurate)???

Lil help???
Old 09-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, I use one of the available holsters. I strap that to a limb or the platform of my stand. They light with the push of a button. Turn it on, let the gas run for a couple of secs and then hit the ignitor button. Yes they do have a smell. I can smell mine so I'm sure the deer can too. It is not very strong and I have never noticed it having an effect on deer. How many went around me that I never knew were there? Who knows. I do know that I've had deer 5 yds away while I had it on. I think, and this is JMO, that deer in my woods don't yet equate the smell to danger. How long that remains true is anyone's guess. My offer still stands if you want to test drive one and don't like it I'll take it and pay you for it.
EDIT: When I strap it to the stand I make sure it is well under the seat to keep it out of the way.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

They are awesome. Best hunting invention in years.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 AM

Jeff,

I've been thinking about getting one myself. They seem to be a very popular item with everyone on here.

I wouldn't have to use one too long since my season starts the first part of October. Maybe a couple of weeks then I pack it away until spring gobbler.

Quick Reply: how much an how do they work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.