HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Stopped at the pro shop today... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/205370-stopped-pro-shop-today.html)

JeramyK 09-02-2007 07:38 PM

RE: Stopped at the pro shop today...

Hey Quick ... what shop was that? I want to make sure I don't go there. LOL ;)

SwampCollie 09-02-2007 08:27 PM

Oh you are kidding me... someone just picking up their bow for the start of the season... surely you jest!

:D

Coug... I was the kid in the proshop once too. Just by your post I can tell you have learned TONS already... and thats awesome. Seems like you are doing great... keep it up bro! The saying that the customer is always right isn't just a motto for customer service... its also an inside joke...:)

willyd5 09-02-2007 08:49 PM

I run a bow shop and know all to well what ya mean. Hang in there manthe good customers out way the jerks.

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

I too had a similar experience Saturday. Well not completely similar but in the instance that people don't believe you and are complete jerks.

As most of you know I work at a proshop. I was working Saturday and a guy came in that we have had notorious trouble with just because, well, he is a flat out JERK. Like most proshops we keep fletched arrows, and we have a lady do it that has been doing it for us for years. This is the first instance we've had with him, he complained about EVERY single fletching because they were SLIGHTLY staggered, like 1/32 of an inch. We said no problem, and offered to refletch them for him. We did, and we used AAE Fast Set Gel, don't know if you guys are familiar with it but it's basically super glue, strongest stuff I've ever seen and I've never had a vane fall off with it. We fletched them and he came to pick them up, he was actually pleased with them and took them home to shoot. He came back the very next day with 2 arrows that have fletchings missing. Both of them have black marks ALL over them. Usual Whisker Biscuit signs, so we asked him if that was what he was using. Of course it was and not to mention it was one of the all black models, which are the roughest on arrows. He pitched a fit of course so we gave him vanes to fletch himself. BEfore he left he had us put together a PSE Nova for him that he had painted himself, it looked, well, different. LOL. We helped them, and he came back yesterday, asking me to see how close he got the level and centershot on his arrow rest, I put it in the vise. Told him it was off and asked him if he wanted me to adjust it, he said, "there's no way it's wrong, but go ahead." I moved the centershot deadnutz and went to move the nocking point because it wasn;t level and the arrow was going WAY low through the Berger button and he said dont move that, that's how it's supposed to be. I tried showing him what I was talking about, it's not like it was some hidden secret, I was using levels and everything. I said ok sir. He then got to looking at the bow and said, "That centershot is a MILE off." Once again I tried showing him how we lined it up, and everything. He said I don't care how you do it, it's not right. That was kinda the last straw for me. I still handled it professionally and said, If you want to go shoot it thru paper, go ahead, thats the only way to tell for sure. He said, I don't have time for that. I went and got my boss, and he looked at it and said that it was deadnuts perfect. The guy acted nice and believed him. Just one of these wonderful citizens we have in this country.

I didn't mean to make this post this long I just wanted to tell a story.

hillbillyhunter1 09-02-2007 09:00 PM

Last year had a similar experience. I was setting in the shop bs'ing with some of the employees and a guy walks in with an old OLD bearwhitetail hunter. Probably about 1 week before season. Asked the guys to put a rest on it for him and they said there was no way to attach a new rest to a bow that old.Then for some reason that I can't remember now, he pulled back to full draw (sans arrow) and immediately it was obvious he had more problems then the arrow rest. He was LEFT-HANDED and the Bow was RIGHT HANDED. Swear to god. Instantly the guy was informed of theminor probelm:D. Luckily, everyone managed to talk him into getting a whole new set-up and hopefully he got some practice in.

mobow 09-02-2007 10:49 PM

Oh man, ya just gotta love this time of year! I've been seeing that same scenario played out in our shop for the last month......Sometimes it's all you can do to not slap 'em in the face, make them see reality.......

That's just funny.........

Cougar Mag 09-02-2007 11:15 PM

I agree some funny stuff. Unfortunately, a few of these types will be out sticking a few deer, and by sticking I mean arrows sticking out of the deer.[:@]

Buck_Slayer 09-02-2007 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I agree some funny stuff. Unfortunately, a few of these types will be out sticking a few deer, and by sticking I mean arrows sticking out of the deer.[:@]
Sounds like one of my friends...[&o]

I did manage to get all of them out last week to fling some arrows...Lucky too, because I looked over one of my friends bows that he bought last year...well, it was all messed up and he would have never known. He went and returned it for a new one. Now it is just to get him out and do some serious shooting...wish my gf understood where I was coming from when I want to shoot everyday.

smitdog 09-03-2007 12:27 AM

Thats some sad, butfunnystuff..... enjoyed reading them.

tsoc 09-03-2007 07:05 AM

Fran your are so freakin funny! It has got to be a hoot seeing the world through your eye's! And Coug's way to go not losing your patience with the you can't tell me any thing know it all!
There are so many of these scenario's that are common.I don't know whether to feel sorry for some of these folks or to just keep my distance.
Why are people's ego's such that they cannot admit what is so clearly obvious? The macho type's the know it all types.
I can relate to the stories because we have all had those kind of experiences.

Austin/WI 09-03-2007 07:42 AM

One of the last times I went and shot at the local shop I had something kinda similar. I had been shooting for a while already luckily when this happened too. A guy came down and got out his bow and quiver and was getting ready to shoot, we made a little small talk and I come to find out he shoots 3-D tourney's and claims to be one of the best in state. Right now I'm thinking, OOOOOOOOOK cool, I may be able to learn something from him. He closes his release into his loop and can barely pull his bow back, he's doing all sorts of contorting to try to get this thing back and just before he hits the wall he releases the arrow and it goes into the ceiling. He says - "I just got this release, it shouldn't be doing that". He nocks a second arrow, same thing, trying to pull this bow back, and all of a sudden lets another arrow fly. And this is where it gets kinda funny, because the second arrow hit about an inch and a half away from the first arrow in the ceiling (yes he left the first arrow in the ceiling). By this time sweat is pouring off him and he's as red as a Wisconsin Badger jersey. I had too leave, I couldn't shoot anymore, just laughing too hard inside. Just thought I would add my story.