Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!! >

Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

Old 09-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

So dove season opened yesterday. It gave many of us a chance to get back in the field. Bow season opens here in NC next Saturday. Here's one reason I support Sunday hunting...b/c I had to help my girlfriend paint all day!!!!! Besides the obvious, what are your reasons for supporting sunday hunting???
Old 09-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

weekends are many peoples days off, weekend warriors need sunday to hunt!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I meant support...not supprot. See, the paint fumes are going to my head!![:@]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Because in Pa,you can shop til you drop, drink and get drunk, get an "******" girl,gamble your a$$ off, and lose the ranchon Sundays. But you can't hunt? What's wrong with this picture? EVERYTHING!!!![:'(][:'(]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time and came to one conclusion in support of no Sunday hunting. Some states do not close public lands to all activities except hunting. Therefore you will have people wandering around the woods while hunters are hunting. Not a good situation. If states close them then I'd say great otherwise some kind of sharing needs to be done.

I think they should be closed as the state I hail from does. We've had people try and stop hunters only to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nodog

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time and came to one conclusion in support of no Sunday hunting. Some states do not close public lands to all activities except hunting. Therefore you will have people wandering around the woods while hunters are hunting. Not a good situation. If states close them then I'd say great otherwise some kind of sharing needs to be done.

I think they should be closed as the state I hail from does. We've had people try and stop hunters only to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.
The State Park that I hunt has people wandering around, hiking,even riding horseswhile others are hunting, all the time.And what about Saturdays? There's a lot of both types in the woods on Saturdays. Itmakes no sense![:'(]
Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: nodog

The State Park that I hunt has people wandering around, hiking,even riding horses,while others are hunting all the time.And what about Saturdays? There's a lot of both types in the woods on Saturdays. Itmakes no sense![:'(]
I agree with you there early in. Especially on the topic of state game lands. Sunday hunting on game lands should be legal. If landowners want the power to restrict Sunday hunting on their own property then I respect that.

I do get a decent amout of vacation days. But at my job they have to be scheduled well in advance. Right now I have scheduled 1-2 weekdays off each week of our PA bow season. The problem is let's say I fill my tags in the first week. I still have to use those remaining vacation days that I scheduled. I would love to have that extra day becauseI'd be able to leave home on a Friday night, spend Saturday and Sunday hunting and head back to work on Monday.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

No logical reason not to support hunting on Sundays, yetsome of these close-minded Eastern State choose tooppose it, likehere in WV.

WV is a great study in the area of emotional and hysterical politics when it comes to Sunday hunting. Several years ago, our then Governor Wise (aptly named in this issue) lifted the ban on Sunday hunting only to cause such an outrage, that referendums were then passed county by county re-instating the BAN. One of the main supporters of the re-instatement of "the ban"were church goers proclaiming that the "sound of guns" would drown out the preacher on Sundays. Holyhell, how rediculous is that?

Still, as crazy as it might seem, referendums past in about 48 or so(EVERY COUNTY THAT CALLED FOR A VOTE ON THE MATTER), out of 55 counties (a few of the counties have never brought the issue up for a county vote), thus insuring that most WVians will never get to hunt on Sundays. Idiots. Just one more backward policy of this beautiful yet ignorant state.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

We're fighting this right now in MD. Hunting public land on Sunday is not legal, but in some counties, Sunday hunting on private land is allowed. It's a tough battle, but if you really don't like it, you have to get involved and try to change it. That's what I did. I got in touch with my local representative and talked to him about it...via phone, e-mail and in person. He promised to sponsor a bill in the house that would allow Sunday hunting. He did as promised and it worked...to a degree. We did not get every Sunday, but we got a few more than we had before. Not state wide either, but in several counties. It's not all that we hunters wanted, but it's a start. Little by little, county by county and I think that eventually we will get all Sunday hunting legalized.
We are one of only 7 remaining states were Sunday is not allowed and in MD, it's the oldest "blue law" still on the books.
Bottom line...if you don't like it, get involved and do something to change it.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is a FAMILY activity for many!!!! We should be able to enjoy our day doing a FAMILY activity that is not involving alcohol, gambling, etc.KeepingHunting on Sundays illegal isignorant,but only us hunters reallycare if we get to hunt onSundays.The anti's and those who don't hunt, could care less if we get to hunt on Sunday, so it's a matter of fighting an uphill battle in many cases. There's no rational reason for it, and it probably borders on being unconstitutional. Most of the old "BLUE BOOK" laws have been lifted, however this one is still lingering, and it is one that is the least "un-Christian" of the lot.

Quick Reply: Here's why I supprot Sunday hunting!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.