Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer thief

Old 09-01-2007, 01:55 PM

Default RE: deer thief

That really sucks!!! I take it you were on public land by the way the story was told. Some people SUCK. If you are lucky enough to carry a pistol while bowhunting then you should take advantage of it. Time to get a .357 or .44 to carry with you. I know that i would definately have my .45 if I could!
Old 09-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have Punched that dude in the mouth and got on top of him and went to work on him, so what if he had a gun, you knock him down and take it what then??

Ryan.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

That really sucks!!! I take it you were on public land by the way the story was told. Some people SUCK. If you are lucky enough to carry a pistol while bowhunting then you should take advantage of it. Time to get a .357 or .44 to carry with you. I know that i would definately have my .45 if I could!

You can NOT carry a firearm LEGALLYduring bow season in KY,so if he was carrying,he should have been ticketed.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:41 PM

someone whoever that guy was would have been shot thats bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me to, im not sure i could compose myself if that happened [:@]
ORIGINAL: early in

I wouldn't have made it that easy for that a$$ hole. He would have had to fight me for that deer!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:05 PM

I'm not sure what makes me more angry, the fact about the deer or the poster making one LONG sentence. But that sucks. However, I'm calling BS because you can't legally have a handgun in KY while bowhunting and he would have been ticketed. Sorry, I calls em' as I sees em'.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Actually in a lot of states theres nothing you can do in a situation like this. The law is, the last man to shoot owns the kill.
Thats a stupid law!
If thats the case then I guess you should have walked up to the guy nocked another arrow and stuck the deer again. Now you shot it last, which he can follow up with over and over.

In Kansas its the first lethal wound that gets the deer. Which can be an arguement also if the other guy dont thinkyour shot hould have killed the animal.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

God help the guy that ever tries that S#!T on me , i would not take it lying down ...thats for sure . It would of been sorted well before thewarden got their . [:@]

Or wait till you see warden coming and pop another arrow in that sucker next time .

Dave
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Missouri the Person with the first lethal wounding shot in a deer owns the Deer....and your not allowed to carry a Firearm when Bow Hunting.I would file a complaint with the Police Dept. because apparently your Game Warden doesn't know the laws very well.[:@][:@]

I would be very mad to say the least,and the other person who took the Deer has no respect towards another Hunter!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

i thought he should have got ticketed too i carry a 40 cal an i didnt take it today cause u cant carry during bow but this guy did an the warden said nothing about it an i know he seen it cause i seen it plane as day but i found out from my dad who the guy is him an my dad used to be good friends growing up going to suck when he wakes up with 4 flat tires on tuseday morning

Quick Reply: deer thief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.