Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 tree stand shooting >

tree stand shooting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tree stand shooting

Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default tree stand shooting

when you shoot your bow and you adjust your sight on the ground, is there a difference from when you shoot it from the tree stand? do you aim higher?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM

Default RE: tree stand shooting

Line of sight distance is longer than the "actual range." I forget the exact formula, but the #1 reason people miss from their treestand is they don't bend at the waist. They drop their bow arm to get on target and shoot high. You need to keep your upper body level, and bend at the waist to get on target.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The difference in line of sight and actual range isn't that much, but it is longer. a squared + b squared = c squared.... Its a right triangle, the Pythagorean theorem applies.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

we went out and bought a ladder stand and use that in the back yard shooting at full size deer targets from as close and as right staright down to out at 40 yards. you gota !! besides its worth the investment to put your shots where they count. We shoot ofteen it helps a lot.
Besides You'd be crazy not to.I mean Why go in the woods and spend all that time and money toNOT know where your arrow is going to go!!
If youhave a climber Use try to use it in theback yard or where ever you can.and practice and fine tune from there before you attempt to kill something. Injured Deer give Hunters a really Bad name when they fall in Open Veiw of others. As far assights the best one for your question with reguards for tunning only on the ground! Thatwould be a pendulume Sight. you can sight them on the ground and they are very accurate upto 30-35 yards for me W/out any drop.Persoanly I use one and Love it.
I feel itgives you no reason to second guess to many pins when your hearts ready to jump out ofyour chest. Good Luck
Old 08-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

A^2 + B^2 = C^2 so to find actual C distance we take the square root.

However as relating to the triangle of you in a tree.
You are not shooting the Hypotonuse you are shooting, the base distance.

so if A=base and B=height and C is the Seen distance, you need only shoot the A distance.

Hey it made sense to me when I wrote it.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont notice a difference when shooting from the ground or from the tree!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

now that made no sence to me GR8atta2d im a little slow
Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why i bought the ol' Leupold RX-II takes out the math i was never too good at.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:38 AM

i always aim a little low when im huntin from a tree stand cause of the downward angle
Old 09-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

actually you aim lower or adjust your sight from the desired height you will be shooting from so all you do is aim and shoot.

Quick Reply: tree stand shooting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.