Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did anybody see..... >

Did anybody see.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did anybody see.....

Old 08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Did anybody see.....

The hunting show that had Jim Shockey hunting in Canada on some land that nobody has hunted in like 30 years or something crazy like that?

He got permission because his grandfather taught the guy how to throw a horse shoe properly. Well he ended up shooting the monster they were after. But all the deer were huge. Alot of them had bad genes, but DAMN. that would be so cool to hunt virgin land like that.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Did anybody see.....

Great show.....I think he took the buck he was after .....after being out there 20+ days in a row. He was passing up Booners, though.

I can't imagine filming for that guy ...... 20 days in a row.....going after 1 buck.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeh i seen that the guy would never let anybody hunt it yeh i remember seein that a few days ago, that would be awesome

Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

That is cool but I do not believe noone has hunted it in 30 yrs. Legal or not there are people there.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

it was 7 years....nice deer!!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

I personally don't care for the Jim Zumbo show much but I did see it. It was a nice deer but I have to agree with GMMAT, I couldn't imagine having to film for that guy. It would be really sweet gain access to land like that
Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: snake123

I personally don't care for the Jim Zumbo show much but I did see it. It was a nice deer but I have to agree with GMMAT, I couldn't imagine having to film for that guy. It would be really sweet gain access to land like that
LOL snake it was Jim Shockey, not Jim Zumbo....[8D]

Saw it, amazing animals up there.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw that show and it took him making a blind in the middle of a field out of brush and he had to lay in it.

Say what you will about him or PRIVATE virgin ground,that is some tough hunting.

Yes he passed many great deer to get the ONE he wanted and he didn't do all the scouting but he made it happen with will,determination and a whole lot of patience.He only saw the deer twice in the whole 20 days.

To top it off,the deer had broken off some of it's head gear by the time he shot him.Took him from over 200 inches to a 190 ish buck.Still not bad. Too bad this was a muzzle loader hunt and not bow.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

That is a lot of self discipline and determination. i couldn't imagine letting the other deer that was with the big one walk....there were so many deer it wasn't funny. It was over 7 years that anybody had hunted it wasn't it? I thought he said like 30, or maybe 20?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it was more than 7 years,they might have said several years but I don't remember.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.