Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Possible New Bow >

Possible New Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Possible New Bow

Old 08-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Possible New Bow

Not to step on toes, but Nutter and wth01 he can get a full setup with a Martin bow for a little over $300, and as he said he is kinda on a budget.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

Ya'll see when you shoot'em but check out he diamond,reflex or even the bear element or instinct. They even come in packages
Old 08-31-2007, 08:32 AM

Thanks everyone for their advice. Unfortunately it sounds like it's going to be a little while before I get any money from my in-laws or from their insurance. I live about 2 1/2 hours from Cabelas main store, so I'll probably go their and shoot some different bows. Starting out with a bunch of the ones selected in this thread.

Thanks for everyones help.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 AM

"They got robbed, the thieving bastards didn't take much but all my archery stuff was among what they took. "

LOL! Yeah, I bet they did! Maybe this could be bias based on my own past experiences but it could be your in-laws that are the thieving bastards! LOL!

Sorry to hear about that though....
Old 09-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Best thing is to handlemany, shoot many, choose the one that is most comfortable and accurate in your hands. Just remember that the most expensive bow is not always the best one for you.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: M77man

LOL! Yeah, I bet they did! Maybe this could be bias based on my own past experiences but it could be your in-laws that are the thieving bastards! LOL!

Sorry to hear about that though....

I'd hate to have your in-laws. My in-laws will make things right. They got a good description of the vehicle. Sheriff got fingerprints, foot prints and vehicle tracks. The trailer on their vehicle was found 20 miles from the house, it was stolen from a town 60 miles away. 2 days later a lady called the cops on people breaking the lock on her trailer. Vehicle matched the description....plates were stolen.

My archery stuff....all in one case, a pistol, and a scensor he my father-in-law uses for work was stolen. Among some much smaller items...like a roll of chew.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 AM

I agree with above, keep handling and shooting all the bows you get your hands on. I too was on a tight budget and was going to settle for a browning i thought i liked but i got my hands on a mathews XT switchback and i had to have it. Since i bought it i havent regret spending the extra money. Smooth and fast but it all about personal preference. Make sure the bow feels good in YOUR hands!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Unfortunately no new bow[&o], it appears my in-laws are hoping that it's recovered.

There has been several other robberies in their area since this one. Sheriff's department knows that 3 individuals are doing this. They believe that the robbers must have a storage unit that they are using to store all the stuff they've been stealing. All the robberies have been houses in the trees where they can't easily be seen by a main road.
On to the good news at least from my end.

They hit an old farmers place about 20 miles from my in-laws. The farmer caught them in the act and shot one in the ass and one in the ankle with a shotgun. Unfortunately neither one of them turned up at any hospitals so he may of just peppered them a bit.

These robberies are in WY, not to be to stereo-typical here, but there is a good chance these kids are going to end up dead if they get caught in the act on the wrong land.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM

there are lots of good bows at different price ranges,you just need to do some research
Old 09-28-2007, 01:11 PM

I just got a voicemail from my father-in-law. My bow was recovered. He just has to go through the sheriffs office and try and get it released from evidence.

I'm glad I finally get my bow back, little dissapointed I can't get a new one though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.