Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any former vegatarians on here? >

Any former vegatarians on here?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any former vegatarians on here?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any former vegatarians on here?

I'm more surprised you'd admit to being a Lion fan . Welcome to the meat eaters! Kitna says we're winning 10!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: valor10

I'm more surprised you'd admit to being a Lion fan .
yeah its pretty bad to be a Lions fan these days. Someday they might start winning and I'll be able to say I never jumped ship.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Neck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

I all so think that PETA or any other animal rights organisations are necessary, it helps people respect wildlife and pets.

F.
any organization like Peta doesn't promote respect of animals, they promote equality of humans and animals. They want the same rights for animals that humans get. Organizations like Ducks Unlimited or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and countless other groupspromote conservation and respect without the silliness that comes with Peta. Peat also funds known terror groups like ALF (animal liberation front) and ELF (earth liberation front) and provide legal defense money for terrorists like Rod Coranado (he bombed an MSU lab). The Petafounder (Ingrid Newkirk) once sent a letter to Yassar Arafat protesting the PLO's use of donkeys for suicide bombers. These people are the lunatic fringe that Unka Ted Nugent is always talking about.
To say that they are on the fringe is a nice way of saying that they are absurdly confused. Attempts at promoting the equality of human life to animals is exactly where they go wrong and where, if you follow their premise through to its logical conclusion, they lose touch with reality. I've said it before, and I will say it again, these same peole will picket for teh right to destroy a defenseless baby in the name of 'rights', and then turn around a scream and claw your eyes out over a baby seal or the destruction of animal habitat. We need topromote legitmateconservation practices, responsible plan development, care when wildlife and their haunts are overlapped with human intrusion through development, but the perspective that says that animals and humans are on the same level is insane at best.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Gospel...!

Neck, your my newest best friend...Welcome to the forums again!!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome here. This is my kind of place. I'm glad to be here.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if there are any vegetarian lions...

Well anyway, welcome to the human race, glad you could make it.

Now go kill something and celebrate! Once you're done celebrating, teach a child to kill something.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:02 PM

Hey Matt, (rick james)

of course I remember you, you guys actually hunt about a half hour away from us, let me know when you guys are down and we can hook up for some dinner or something.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Typical Buck

Welp, i too enjoy seeing a faithful lionsfan on herefrom time to time, kitna says we are going to win 10 alright, i am planning on maybe losing 10 but you never know! At the rate our draft trends are going we are going to be starting wide outs on O and D! Hopefully CJ and tatum carry us to at least a record of 5 hundo this year. but, i agree at least when we do make it to the ever distant promised land, we can say we didn't jump on the ol bandwagon!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

i wish more folks were like you.....openminded....welcome.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 AM

Right here.. Was a vegan for over 12 years... Met my fiance' almost three years ago and started hunting..

I love animals, love nature, love time in the woods and appreciate the beauty of it. I, personally, rescue animals and treat them all with the utmost respect and care still.

I have run into MANY people, former friends, that do not appreicate it. I now see they were never my friends..
Old 08-31-2007, 07:39 AM

Here's something else that might also put a little perspective on this matter. I love to hunt,fish--anything to do with it. I have no real 'remorse' when I take an animal,yet I do have a sense of responsibility to be a good steward of the meat, hide, etc. andI find it distateful when someone can laugh or joke about the animal's death. It is serious, but the reality is that it is definitely necesarry as well. Conversely, I have had many pets--dogs, and cats specifically that I have become attached to and that I have grieved over their death. I hate it when some animal runs out in front of my Jeep and gets hit. Do I view it the same way that I would if it were a person---not by a extremely long shot, but I don't approach it with a cavalier or calloused manner either. There is a level of respect and emotion that is appropriate for an animal. Does it even remotely approach the same level as is due any human being---not even on the same planet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.