Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

most arrows...

Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default most arrows...

we all see the "how many arrows do you carry" posts all the time.

one ive never really seen was "how many arrows have you shot while hunting?"

im talking deer season...one outting without heading back to the truck. targets of opprotunity (turkeys, small game etc count...) so how many??

just curious...there seems to be guys like me..who only carry 3-4..then theres guys that aint happy till they got most of a dozen with them...im not really questioning my quiver size...i only carry 3 and know i only have 3...last year i didnt even take any shots at targets of opprotunity...should probably drilled the grey fox...just didnt know if it was legal..could shot at turkeys too i guess..but tagged mine the first day when it was pouring with my gun...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:34 AM

Default RE: most arrows...

Carry six, shot four last year in one outing. Missed a fox, missed two does, then finally connected on one of the does.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot 4 once last year. 1 yote, 2 squirrels, 1 deer(buck)
Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I shot 3 times on 3 occasions, last year.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well mauser06 (captn) that's a good question. I carry 4 in a 4 arrow quiver, always have and I see no need to ever carry 6...even on my elk trip I carried 4 in the quiver...actually, the quiver on my pack and then had spares without heads in the pack as well as well as heads...anyhow,

Those of you that have been around, in the 2004 contest thread you'll remember my 3.5 year old, 130" (NOT) broken rack buck....I killed him on the 3rd shot...that's right, the 3rd shot...kept calling him back in...remember? ..lol good story.

On another occassion I took a coyote followed by a ringnecked pheasant and had two arrows left if a buck came along...didn't...

Years ago, I dropped 2 doe on 3 shots the last evening of the last day of the season with 2 doe tags left.

mauser06, regarding that fox....in PA it would have been illegal without a fur bearers license.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...seems that most shots are on targets of opprotunity...

really...myself..unless its something sorta rare, like a coyote, or a gimme shot at a pheasant or a good turkey shot i dont really see myself blowing a deer stand over a squirrel or something...

Rob..i know id need a furtakers liscense..but wasnt too sure about the whole daylight thing...some reason i thought they couldnt be shot in daylight during deer season or something along those lines. i tried to shoot him...with a camera. thats when he busted me. had a solid 20yd shot though...a fox and coyote with a bow would be an awesome trophy IMO...i know you killed atleast one yote with the bow. we got a pile of them in the area...ive only ever seen one and it was in fall turkey season. BEAUTIFUL big ole dog...20yds with a turkey load...i didnt know the laws on that and didnt know if the farmer would be happy or mad...turns out he was mad..his coon dog ran a yote in that area for hours...

i guess i aughta brush up on target or opprotunity laws eh?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL, it's always good to know the laws...coyotes are always good opps...here's my yote:

And the mount:

And this beauty was off limits because I didn't have a furtakers license. I see them every year, this year I should get a furtakers so I can mount one, I find them beautiful....

These pics are from my journal in my food plot.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Mauser:

If everyone would tell the truth.....I'm doubting many know the season dates for all game.I know I'll get my regs book out the day before the opener.....just to see what's leagal and what isn't. I did this last year, too.

I've already been told ...... if I shoot a fox. I'd better really like his tail.....because that's the only one I'll be seeing for a while(Lisa loves them)
Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Mauser:

If everyone would tell the truth.....I'm doubting many know the season dates for all game.I know I'll get my regs book out the day before the opener.....just to see what's leagal and what isn't. I did this last year, too.

I've already been told ...... if I shoot a fox. I'd better really like his tail.....because that's the only one I'll be seeing for a while(Lisa loves them)
Then I won't tell Lisa if I shoot one either.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM

I've already been told ...... if I shoot a fox. I'd better really like his tail.....because that's the only one I'll be seeing for a while (Lisa loves them)

Quick Reply: most arrows...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.