Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deer cam check frequency >

deer cam check frequency

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer cam check frequency

Old 08-29-2007, 05:02 PM

Default deer cam check frequency

hey guys. i set out my deer cam on yesterday (tuesday). i have off school tomarrow and could retrieve it then, or could wait until saturday morning. i was wandering how often you guys check yours? would it be worth going tomarrow and grabbing it, or should i wait til sat. i know everywhere is different and it depends on how many deer and all that, but in general how long do u guys wait? thanks alot, im so excited to see whats on there but dont want to make a trip for 5 pictures. lol.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: deer cam check frequency

I check mine every 2 weeks.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:05 PM

i usually check my cam every weekend and there is a moderate amount of movement going on now. if you have it over a salt lick or something like that there might be a bunch but on a trail there will be less. just my opinion.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Geterdun2,

I check both of mine once a week. During the Pre-rut and Rut, I might check them 2-3 times a week...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:13 PM

yea cuz i dont have a digital one. i just have the regular 35 mm which only holds 24 pics. i would hate to have them all filled, wait another 4 days, and miss a big ol buck or something ya know. but i also dont want to get in there and scent it up (even tho its on public land and prob. smells people all the time). i guess i will have to check it, maybe tomarrow, to see on average how fast its getting hit.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:38 PM

hey guys. well im going to check my cam tomarrow and havea question. i think the film i got holds 24 pics, so if i go and see it has taken 24 pics, can i assume the film has already rewound itself? so can i open it and retrieve the film. i remember the last time i did it, a while ago, i actually took the whole camera to the developer and he used an all black like box to reach in and get the film out and rewind it, but i think that was because all the pics werent used. i jus dont want to open the thing and ruin all my film? this way i dont have to take the whole camera to the store, and then return and replace the camera, therefore stinking up my area more than i need to. lol i need to get a digital one, but until i do, i would like to successfully retrieve these pics. also, i guess if there is like 1 pic left, i will just walk in front of it and set it off, then see if it rewinds. thanks alot for the help
Old 08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i open it and retrieve the film. i remember the last time i did it, a while ago, i actually took the whole camera to the dev
ORIGINAL: geterdun2

hey guys. well im going to check my cam tomarrow and havea question. i think the film i got holds 24 pics, so if i go and see it has taken 24 pics, can i assume the film has already rewound itself? so can i open it and retrieve the film. i remember the last time i did it, a while ago, i actually took the whole camera to the developer and he used an all black like box to reach in and get the film out and rewind it, but i think that was because all the pics werent used. i jus dont want to open the thing and ruin all my film? this way i dont have to take the whole camera to the store, and then return and replace the camera, therefore stinking up my area more than i need to. lol i need to get a digital one, but until i do, i would like to successfully retrieve these pics. also, i guess if there is like 1 pic left, i will just walk in front of it and set it off, then see if it rewinds. thanks alot for the help
No, my camera does not rewind automatically ever, i have to push a button.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:57 PM

outdoor, which kind do you have? i have a stealth cam and i think it says it rewinds auto, but i just want to be sure, i would hate to ruin all my pics b.c of amistake
Old 08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

outdoor, which kind do you have? i have a stealth cam and i think it says it rewinds auto, but i just want to be sure, i would hate to ruin all my pics b.c of amistake
The camera I am talking about is an old one. Don't even know the brand. Its the one i use on my bear baits. Not sure about the stealth cam. If it is newer i'd assume it does, read the book if you got it. SHould be okay!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I check mine every 10 - 14 days on average. Right now I'm using digital cam's that can hold several hunderd pics...

When I had actual film trail cams I checked them every 3 days or so...

Quick Reply: deer cam check frequency

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.