Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A little worried here in Wi >

A little worried here in Wi

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A little worried here in Wi

Old 08-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Bartender

Default A little worried here in Wi

I have 35 acres that I currently hunt and 2 others. Well one of the guys went out this past Friday and Sunday with his gas powered weed wacker and had pretty good field day I guess. He cut some pretty big paths to his 2 tree stands and 1 of them right by mine. We all agreed to use each others stands anyways. With all this scent spread around and bow season 2 1/2 weeks away is the place in trouble being only 35 acres?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A little worried here in Wi

In my opinion no. Ive jumped a buck on the way to the stand and then ended up shooting it that evening. The noise from the weed eater might of got there attention but they wont even remember it in a week.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually.....who really knows what a deer is thinking. I'm so tired of hearing how this and that will make them do this and that. I sometimes think we give these animals the credit we do.....to make it seem like more of an accomplishment when we kill one of them.

They could be eating the weeds he trimmed, right now. Who really knows? I give them credit for being able to see, smell,hear and runreally well.....and for learning to pattern US as much as we pattern them (or more).

Past that.....they're a big animal with a little brain.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Bartender

Sheesh Jeff I guess hunting is a bit different up here due to pressure and deer numbers.
It seems by you plenty to go around like hunting at a zoo or something.
Sorry it is a accomplishment especially with archery equipment and every hunter should be proud.
I guess I am just more humble and not arrogant when it comes to hunting.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Fraley I would not worry to much. If it rains that will help a bit.We have done simular practices with our plots. We mow them down just before season to get a little regrowth and it never seem to bother the deer to much. 2 years ago I jumped a young 6 almost every day in October and that little bugger kept coming back. I am sure it will be fine.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Bartender

Thanks, will this affect mature whitetails I should of asked?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I understand your concern. I just hung a stand with a month to go until the opener. I was sweating like a pig. I'm hoping for some rain to maybe clean the scent up a bit. If your place is a farm of some kind they may be used to gas powered equipment running nearby.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Bartender

Very good point TX. I just asked because in our part of the country whitetails can be very weary creatures.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Sheesh Jeff I guess hunting is a bit different up here due to pressure and deer numbers.
It seems by you plenty to go around like hunting at a zoo or something.
Sorry it is a accomplishment especially with archery equipment and every hunter should be proud.
I guess I am just more humble and not arrogant when it comes to hunting.
So you have fewer deer, Fraley???? Does that make them smarter? Pressure = deer patterning humans....or learning to avoid them.

I never said it wasn't an accomplishment (read my sig.). If it wasn't ....I wouldn't hunt. Every hunter should be proud, too (again...read my sig.).

So you take a pot shot at me and tell me I'm hunting in a zoo. Rich.

You call it arrogant. I call it having an opinion and being a realist. What did I say that wasn't true?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Bartender

You painted this picture of you in my eyes Jeff. You all just have different hunting down there thats all.
Carry on pal.

Quick Reply: A little worried here in Wi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.