Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting Illinois? >

Bowhunting Illinois?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Illinois?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Bowhunting Illinois?

Im Going hunting in illinois in december for the first muzzleloader season. The question i have is can i hunt with my bow also? I have looked all over the place for anwsers but i cant find anything. Can someone please tell me.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Illinois?

You can hunt with you bow during muzzleloader season if you have a archery permit and you wear a flourescent orange hat and 400 sq inches of flourescent orange on a vest or coat..Has to be solid orange not orange camo..Good Luck....
Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

yes you can in the muzzleloader season, but you have to wear the legal amount of orange.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: HunterOpel

You can hunt with you bow during muzzleloader season if you have a archery permit and you wear a flourescent orange hat and 400 sq inches of flourescent orange on a vest or coat..Has to be solid orange not orange camo..Good Luck....
I also belive that if you are hunting a property off limits to firearms you can go sans HO
Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are a non-resident then you will not be able to bowhunt without a Non-ResidentIllinois Archery permit....if you have however recieved such a permit then all you need is a solid blaze orange hat and 400 sq. in. of solid blaze orange vest.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Typical Buck

So around about where will you be hunting?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

First muzzleloader season is the same 4 days that is considered our second gun season. YouCAN NOTbow hunt that weekend.

The following weekend is the second muzzleloader season (muzzleloader only) and yes if you have the right permits and wear orange you can bow hunt then.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nemesis

I also belive that if you are hunting a property off limits to firearms you can go sans HO
True, but there are very few counties that are bow-only in IL. Cook, Lake, DuPage, and part of Kane. In all other counties you MUST be wearing blaze orange if you choose to bowhunting during the 2nd muzzleloader season which is Dec. 7-9.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

THIS IS WRONG>>>> I hunt a small state owned area in St. Clair Co. that is closed to gun hunting for deer... you NEED Orange during any gun season, including the youth season in early Oct. even though the area is closed to gun deer hunters.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: DUMB BASS

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

THIS IS WRONG>>>> I hunt a small state owned area in St. Clair Co. that is closed to gun hunting for deer... you NEED Orange during any gun season, including the youth season in early Oct. even though the area is closed to gun deer hunters.
Justin is not wrong, he's talking about 4 entire counties that have NO gun deer hunting. You may wear camo all season long. There is no break in the season in these counties either. You can hunt from Oct. 1st until Jan. X (Second thurs in Jan.).

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Illinois?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.