Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TEAM 5 IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!! (story) >

TEAM 5 IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!! (story)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TEAM 5 IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!! (story)

Old 08-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TEAM 5 IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!! (story)

Ok.............where do i start.................

Its the 3rd day of the season, I have been hunting every day of it. I didnt get any oppurtunities on the first 2 days but today felt .......different. We got settled in the ground blind right at 5:15 this morning. At 5:55 you could here the bigger bucks movin around but about 100 yards away. By 6:30 all the bucks left. We littereally thought we were screwed. Then, outta nowhere and unexpectedly behind us there was a crunch. Knowing that the turkeys were coming down and didnt want to accidentally spook them by moving, we didnt turn around. My cousin was there with me, he got a notion to turn around and all i remember was getting tapped on the shoulder and him whispering, "Shooter buck, man you gotta take it." He came down about 30 yards away into a little clearing with absolutely no growth in it. We grunted and got him to stop about 35 yards away but I just didnt feal comfortable with the shot i would be facing. He cought our scent or just felt like getting outta there because after about 20 seconds of standing there he ran up the hill aways. I felt more comfortable with this shot although it was a 40 yarder. I drew back when he was moving pretty good. We both grunted and stopped him........right behind a dang tree. After about another 15 seconds he started moving again but stopped. I saw my oppurtunity so i took it. I put my forty yard pin on him and tapped my release. The Steel Force Phat Head flew beautiful and drilled the buck in the liver and lungs. Busted through 2 ribs and passed through with absolutely ZERO damage to the head. (You gotta look into these heads, they are unbelieveable!). We waited a couple seconds and heard a big crash. He had gone onto a trail of his and dropped with in 40 yards. We couldnt help waiting so we went and found the arrow and looked for the first drop of blood. Knowing we shouldnt push em just in case we went and got the polaris ranger and got ready for getting him outta there. Then we walked about 40 yards down this trail and found him piled up, dead as a doornail! I was jumping for joy! I absolutely coudlnt be happier for a first deer, and with a bow! Its already at the taxi getting worked on!

Thanks for listening to all my questions, it fianlly payed off!!!!!

Spread- 11 4/8

Right Left
G1-2 4/8G1- 2 5/8
G2-7G2- 6 7/8
G3-5 4/8 G3- 5 4/8
G4-13 G4- 13 3/8

H1-4 H1- 4
H2-3 2/8 H2- 3 4/8
H3-4 H3- 3 4/8
H4-2 5/8 H4- 3

TOTAL GROSS= (Colombia Blacktail, see rules)=119 6/8

GO RUT HOUNDS!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TEAM 5 IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it!!!!

Congrats!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations, BH...Beautiful deer!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first deer. That is awesome. I remember my first like it happened yesterday. That will be a memory you neverwill forget. Waldo
Old 08-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

A BIG Congrats to ya
Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Way to go nice deer.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great job bro... You have come along way since joining this board with all your brothers, cousins, neighbors and Uncle....... Big congrats!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!!!!! Great first deer and with a bow!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:37 PM

Gratz on that nice buck!

So i noticed the big pine cones in the pic, then saw you are in Oregon...where did you take that buck at?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice work!!!

I am proud of you!!!!!

Quick Reply: TEAM 5 IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!! (story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.