Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land Layout vs Tresstand Placement >

Land Layout vs Tresstand Placement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land Layout vs Tresstand Placement

Old 08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Land Layout vs Tresstand Placement

I have seen many people do this before, so I thought I would give it a shot. Below is a new piece of property I gained permission for this year. Is there any spots that stick out for stand placement?

I turkey hunted the property, so I am pretty familiar with it already, but it is only natural that I will hunt it different next year after I learn deer patterns, behavior, etc the hard way this year. I have three tree stands placed already, and have two more to hang. The property is about 100 acres of timber,with ALOT of corn & set aside fields surrounding it.

Yellow is property boundary, blue is creek, green are three current stands, red is fields. Does anything else stick out. Thanks a lot.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Land Layout vs Tresstand Placement

Stand 2 looks pretty good to me. The finger just below stand #1 looks really good.I would guess the deer are going to come out into that field right where you're #1 stand is at because of the sight relief form the road. You may be almost too on top of the deer there.