Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i am wanting to get in bow hunting >

i am wanting to get in bow hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i am wanting to get in bow hunting

Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Default i am wanting to get in bow hunting

im wanting to get in bow hunting,so whats a good moderately priced bow to get for a beginner,aslo what is draw length thanks

[/align]
Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: i am wanting to get in bow hunting

There are a lot of bows companies out there. You could go with some of the PSE, Darton, Browning. I could really go on. Many places such as Gander Moutain or Cabelas will have package deals you can get. I would get on the net and look and compare, then head to a sporting goods store or pro shop and take a look.

Draw length is just that, the length of your draw. The distance it takes for you to fully pull a bow back.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpages/staticpage_detail.aspx?id=18

Start by reading this, learn all you can by the books then come back to us with questions. This website provides great info.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:34 PM

hey thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated

[/align]
Old 08-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem, just get back to us with specific questions and we will help you out the best we can. I would also suggest going to your local pro shop and maybe talking to some friends to help you out. Hands on experience is the best way to learn.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most everyone on here is biased towards a certain brand. Before you hear anything from anyone on here about a specific brand I would suggest going and shooting 5-10 bows in your price range.

This way you get the bow you like the most, not the most hyped bow.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:39 PM

I think that the Browning would probably be the way to go. I havent really shot them but I have heard good things and I believe you can get a full set up for a Tornado around 485.00. But if I was buying a bow I would get something that I liked and could stick with for awhile because they are so expensive to buy and own. I've bought...1....2....3 and the last was stolen so the one I have now is a hand me down and I love it so it works out.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Buy my extra bow I have on the archery sales boardand you will be ready to go, you will just need feild-points broadheads and a release. Just starting out it is better to just buy an old bow until you get the hang of it, once you do decide you want to really bowhunt, then you go out and spend the big bucs on a new bow!. What some forget to mention is you go out and buy a 450.00 to 650.00 bow you still cant hunt with it, you will need to go and spend another 250.00 to 350.00 to outfit it, sights, rest, stabilizer, quiver, arrows, release,and etc.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Devil Dog has given some good advice.....buy a used Bow and see if you will stay with bow hunting then you can spend the big bucks on a better quality bow.That is what I did and I used some of my equipment from my older bowon my newer Bow.

If you decide to go with a new bow right off,shot as many Bows as you can so you can decide which one you like the most and which one is affordable to your budget!When buying a new Bow you don't have to get the most expensive gear right off the bat,you can build up some of your equipment over time.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: devil dog

Buy my extra bow I have on the archery sales boardand you will be ready to go, you will just need feild-points broadheads and a release. Just starting out it is better to just buy an old bow until you get the hang of it, once you do decide you want to really bowhunt, then you go out and spend the big bucs on a new bow!. What some forget to mention is you go out and buy a 450.00 to 650.00 bow you still cant hunt with it, you will need to go and spend another 250.00 to 350.00 to outfit it, sights, rest, stabilizer, quiver, arrows, release,and etc.
This is what I did. I bought a reflex excursion decked out from my friend who paid $500 and he sold it to me for $200 with a $100 release, arrows, target. There are deals like this, but you must wait and be patient. And I am very accurate with this thing. There is a lot of bow hype out there!!! Trust me, you don't need a $1k bow to kill a deer, especially starting out.

Quick Reply: i am wanting to get in bow hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.