Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thinkin

Old 08-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Default thinkin

i'm new. i'm 14 from utah. what do you think when u kill a dere?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 AM

Default RE: thinkin

I wana hunt but think it would be harde to shoot a dere is it sort of?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

its very challenging and can be very expensive....but the experience is worth it...just being out n what God has created whether you tag a deer or not its great just bein out there
Old 08-27-2007, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

what do you think when u kill a dere?
Those backstraps are going to be very tasty when they come off the grill.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome H!

I may be reading too much into your question, but I get the feeling you're concerned if the actual killing of the animal is going to bother you or not. Is it difficult to take the life of an animal? Not for me, but for some it is. Once you realize your place in nature's scheme of things, you can have peace with it. If you take the approach that you're now the only predator that can effectively and efficientlybalance the optimal number of animals that the land can sustain, you realize that through your actions, you actually help make sure that there are more deer than nature would allow/ provide for on it's own. It's a very personal thing. When I harvest a deer, there's always a small part of me that is sad that it has died. However, that deer always is remembered and cherished as long as I draw breath. It helps sustain my family, and in a round about way, helps me teach my children about life in general.A nice buck is always honored with a spot on my wall for his antlers and a story to share with anyone who I open my home to. Last, I wonder if you've ever considered what has to happen when you enjoy a nice hamburger, or some chicken or pork chops, when you sit down to dinner. If you think about it, this is one of the greatest lessons in life: something has to die everyday, just so I can eat. I hope I've helped answer your question.

GH
Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I may be reading too much into your question, but I get the feeling you're concerned if the actual killing of the animal is going to bother you or not. Is it difficult to take the life of an animal? Not for me, but for some it is. Once you realize your place in nature's scheme of things, you can have peace with it. If you take the approach that you're now the only predator that can effectively and efficientlybalance the optimal number of animals that the land can sustain, you realize that through your actions, you actually help make sure that there are more deer than nature would allow/ provide for on it's own. It's a very personal thing. When I harvest a deer, there's always a small part of me that is sad that it has died. However, that deer always is remembered and cherished as long as I draw breath. It helps sustain my family, and in a round about way, helps me teach my children about life in general.A nice buck is always honored with a spot on my wall for his antlers and a story to share with anyone who I open my home to. Last, I wonder if you've ever considered what has to happen when you enjoy a nice hamburger, or some chicken or pork chops, when you sit down to dinner. If you think about it, this is one of the greatest lessons in life: something has to die everyday, just so I can eat. I hope I've helped answer your question.

GH
That was well done.

I concur.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Bartender

I have to be honest I thought this was a peta setup with the nickname.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:09 AM

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

I have to be honest I thought this was a peta setup with the nickname.
seriously, i didn't even look at that until you mentioned it still could be though
Old 08-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

howcanyouhurtthem as a handle and Petahom as a last name?Looks kinda obvious to me
Old 08-27-2007, 05:21 AM

Look at the screen name. Until I see photos with his(?) first deer, I won't be convinced otherwise.

Quick Reply: thinkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.