Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent/sound control - what do you eat in the stand? >

Scent/sound control - what do you eat in the stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent/sound control - what do you eat in the stand?

Old 08-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scent/sound control - what do you eat in the stand?

I like to stay in my stand all day, if at all possible. This means I need to bring lunch/snacks or my stomach's grumbling will give me away. I'm also a slave to my stomach...

I'm kind of anal about scent control. I don't eat meat the day of the hunt and make sure to brush and floss my teeth the night before. I figure themix ofrotting flesh and saliva might be a predator scent to deer. I showerbefore i go into the woods, if at all possible. I useScent Killer spray on each layer of clothing, etc.

Inthe past, I've usually brought peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch/snacks and Red Bull for my afternoon caffeine fix. I figured deer like nuts, so peanut butter probably wouldn't scare them off and might even make them curious. I don't think bananas make much smell and they're good for energy levels. I sometime bring trail mix, although I'm a little concerned about the crunching noises they make when I chew them.

Any thoughts/advice? What does everyone else bring to eat/drink on the stand,besides water?
Old 08-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scent/sound control - what do you eat in the stand?

apples! lol jk crackers ina baggy not the wrapper they come in thats to loud and water really actually i do eat apples in the stand
Old 08-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is an easy one.

Scent control? Take a bath and use scent conrol products.

Sound? Sleep with my mouth shut so I don't snore.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: MountainHunter

I like to stay in my stand all day, if at all possible. This means I need to bring lunch/snacks or my stomach's grumbling will give me away. I'm also a slave to my stomach...

I'm kind of anal about scent control. I don't eat meat the day of the hunt and make sure to brush and floss my teeth the night before. I figure themix ofrotting flesh and saliva might be a predator scent to deer. I showerbefore i go into the woods, if at all possible. I useScent Killer spray on each layer of clothing, etc.

Inthe past, I've usually brought peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch/snacks and Red Bull for my afternoon caffeine fix. I figured deer like nuts, so peanut butter probably wouldn't scare them off and might even make them curious. I don't think bananas make much smell and they're good for energy levels. I sometime bring trail mix, although I'm a little concerned about the crunching noises they make when I chew them.

Any thoughts/advice? What does everyone else bring to eat/drink on the stand,besides water?
you eat rotten meat?

i eat watever i find that i can bring along, usually beef jerky, trail mix, granola bars, if i was going to bring sandwhiches it would be those premade uncrustable pb&j sandwhiches, they are good, lol.

i honestly don't think drinkin deer blood on stand would spook deer, as far as smell goes anyway.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Water an Granola bars.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Usually if I'm in the stand all day, I take a couple PB&J sandwiches anda couple bottles of water.......sometime will throw in a granola bar or pop tarts.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

just drink h2o
Old 08-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MountainHunter

Brushing your teeth and flossing is something you should do every day x2

I take lunchables in the stand on all day hunts. And my camelbak is full of water.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

beer and pretzels
Old 08-25-2007, 07:46 PM

If i take anything that has a wrapper, i un-wrap it the morning of and put it in a small rubber maidcontainer and stick that in my pack. No pesky metallic crunching noises that way . I tend to shy away from any plastic...even sandwich bags.

Quick Reply: Scent/sound control - what do you eat in the stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.